First Time ordering Experience with CARiD - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 02:06 PM Thread Starter
2011 Pathfinder (Xterra Sold) Black

First Time ordering Experience with CARiD

Never again.

One of, if not, the worst parts buying experience I've ever had.

Sent wrong part,(not just wrong part number, but wrong brand). Hey it happens, everybody makes mistakes.

Usually this is where a vendor has the opportunity to step up to the plate.

Customer service unresponsive and unable to provide timely infomation. I am expected to handle returning incorrect part myself and either take the incorrect part to be shipped or stay at home all day for UPS to pick it up.

No attempts to compensate for error on their end or even admit fault (*handed off blame to 3rd party warehouse on multiple occasions)

Spent well over 3 hrs total on the phone and all I want is the radiator I ordered for my wifes car.

Will never use CARiD again.

I have bought hundreds of parts online before and never had an experience like this. It got to the point earlier on the phone (after 1 hr) that I was actually laughing.

I will update this thread as the story unfolds.

Sorry for the long read.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:35 PM
Well then...
2011 Avalanche White ❌terra X

Garage
Take a deep breathe or breathes. Unfortunately, there does seem to be a reason amazon is running away with almost every online sale. Iíve never had an issue with CarID, but then again Iíve never had to contact their support - hope you get this squared away sooner rather than later because you canít drive around without a radiator for too too long.

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 03:48 PM Thread Starter
2011 Pathfinder (Xterra Sold) Black

LOl...exactly.

This is the first time I've ever complained on a forum about a car parts vendor...ever.

I really just felt like my experience was worth noting so that other users can take this into consideration when deciding on where or who to buy parts from.

As of right now, I'm on day 4 with the wrong part.

One of the funny parts is that I ordered a Koyo A2807. Made by Koyo. One would think it would come in a Koyo box with Koyo labels etc..

Needless to say I was sort of surprised to see a box on my porch with a giant red DENSO insignia on the front.

post #4 of 4 (permalink) Old 05-14-2019, 07:25 PM
2009 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4 5AT

appreciate the feedback

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Supporting Vendors > CARiD.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in