New Multi-purpose Tactical Shovels by Torxe - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-12-2018, 09:10 AM Thread Starter
AutoGuide Supporting Vendor
2012 Xterra X SUV

New Multi-purpose Tactical Shovels by Torxe

A shovel is one of the tools, that dates back as far as humankind and remains widely used in today's world. Over the time it became much more, than just digging holes subject. Today guys from Torxe prove that it can do much more than you could ever imagine with their new line of Tactical Shovels, now available at RECREATIONiD! This line includes 2 multi-purpose shovels, available in 2 sizes with different items included. Now you won't need to carry with you a bunch of necessary things, as many of them can be replaced by this shovel!

Torxe® TTSH-001 - 30.5" Tactical Shovel at RECREATIONiD.com

Features:

- Overall Length: 30.5"
- Shovel Head Length: 9.65"
- Shovel Head Width: 6"
- Handle Length: 20.85"
- Handle Color: Silver
- Weight: 2.75 lbs
- Replaces a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, screwdriver, ruler, hex wrench.

Torxe® TTSH-002 - 37" Tactical Shovel at RECREATIONiD.com

Features:

- Overall Length: 37"
- Shovel Head Length: 10"
- Shovel Head Width: 5.75"
- Handle Length: 27"
- Handle Color: Black
- Weight: 3.86 lbs
- Replaces a knife, bottle opener, igniter, whistle, hammer, ruler.

No matter which one of Torxe Tactical Shovels you choose, it will become a perfect companion wherever life takes you!
bluez likes this.

Nissan Xterra
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Call Toll Free: 800.505.3274 |
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
|
|
|

Last edited by Carid; 10-15-2018 at 03:21 AM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-14-2018, 08:06 PM
Veteran
2010 X

Links look broken.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
post #3 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-15-2018, 03:22 AM Thread Starter
2012 Xterra X SUV

eighty, fixed.

Nissan Xterra

|
|
|

post #4 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-16-2018, 10:57 AM Thread Starter
2012 Xterra X SUV

All PM replied! Please let me know if any additional questions appear or call directly 888.453.5150.

Nissan Xterra

|
|
|
post #5 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 12:29 AM
2013 Pro4X 6M/T
2013 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT

Any coupon code for a discount on purchase for forum members? Why such a short 30 day warranty period on a tool that is made to appear like it is supposed to be the be all - end all replacement compact tactical tool? Is the entire unit made from stainless as the description page shows, or is this just a stainless shovel head with aluminum handle components? What is the maximum force that can be applied to the handle in the chopping configuration? Hoe configuration? Digging through clay or rocky soils? The small screw that affixes the shovel head to the handle looks like it may be a weak point in the design.

For the 37" model, can the knife be attached to the full length handle to for a makeshift spear for hunting? Is there enough free space in one of the handle segments to store fishing line, hooks and basic lures and hardware?

Most importantly, where is the product manufactured? This detail seems to be omitted from the product pages.

Any chance of doing a product giveaway for some members here to do a full evaluation of the product as there are no reviews for the items? We can evaluate, test and review the product to give others a practical overview of the capabilities of this new item.

Professional amateur wanderer

Last edited by LNXPenguin; 10-17-2018 at 12:35 AM.
post #6 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 01:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

$30 and $41 for each model. Looks like a great product/idea but something about this seems too good to be true...
BarefootXterra and JRFGLF like this.

Build Page -

Trip Photos Page -

"Mods first - life later."
post #7 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 02:53 PM
Veteran
2006 Avalanche White Xterra S 4x4

yeah, i was expecting the price to be much higher, like $100 plus.

i like that its affordable but wonder about the quality, LNX brought up several good points.
post #8 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:51 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2011 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-4X

Garage
Anything with that collar lock mechanism is a nightmare.

You want a shovel use a shovel, want an axe, use an axe.

The only reason I would buy that is if I wanted 41$ of relief when I smash it to pieces out of the rage built up from trying to use it.

My opinions only, all rights reserved

prodragon4x and campisi like this.

I know what this man needs, bring me the bourbon. -Cole Kehm
post #9 of 25 (permalink) Old 10-17-2018, 05:54 PM
Veteran
2010 X

Quote:
Originally Posted by emtmark View Post
Anything with that collar lock mechanism is a nightmare.

You want a shovel use a shovel, want an axe, use an axe.

The only reason I would buy that is if I wanted 41$ of relief when I smash it to pieces out of the rage built up from trying to use it.

My opinions only, all rights reserved

I have something similar, a compact entrenching tool. It works well, because it lives in the car, full time. I’ve used it to grab coals out of the fire for cooking, dug myself out a few times in dirt and snow and poop holes of course. It’s definitely less efficient than a full-sized shovel but the fact that I always have it makes it infinitely more useful. It has the same collar locking mechanism, maybe a plastic one even.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
post #10 of 25 (permalink) Old 11-12-2018, 06:57 AM Thread Starter
2012 Xterra X SUV

Want to see Torxe Tactical Shovels in action? Watch our new presentation video of 30" and 37" shovels on RECREATIONiD youtube channel! If you still haven't ordered one for yourself and have any questions about this product – let us know!

Call 888.453.5150 or leave your comments below! We will be glad to help!

Nissan Xterra

|
|
|

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Supporting Vendors > CARiD.com

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode