Dropped the black berry in water, works again, keep it or keep replacement? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:33 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Mark
Dropped the black berry in water, works again, keep it or keep replacement?

So I'm a fool that pays for the phone insurance every month. Long story short I dropped my phone in water, completely submerging it. I'd started acting all wacky so I shut it off and put it in rice and left it in the hot X all day. Went to verison and they got the insurance all taken care of and took my 50 dollar deductable. The new phone is coming today. But obviously I'm posting from the water hpone still. So I'm thinking, should I just return the replacement? I'd assume the replacement is a refurbished bb. I figure why pay 50 for a used phone when the current one still works and was free. Anyone have experience with asurion insurance or screwing up their phone w water and then still being able to use it?
Posted via Mobile Device
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:35 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

Send a message via AIM to crashdan
i think the deductibles went up to 100 last year. i got a letter about it. but if you got it for 50 then sweet ... if it works id say keep it.
post #3 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:37 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
Send a message via AIM to Mark
Keep the old water dropped phone you mean? Yeah, the verizon guy said I was "grandfathered" into the ins still only having to pay the 50 bucks and not 100.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #4 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:40 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra K.H.A.O.S. Edition

dude the new phone that comes is brand new...the insurance company that verizon goes through provides a band new phone...at least they did for me when I got pushed into a pool in Las Vegas with my BB storm on me. Got a brandy new one a few days after putting in the claim for a new one....and yes I'm one of those fools that pay 7 bucks every month for the insurance too...and I'm glad I do...cause chit happens.

The Great Ninja of the East

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 09:54 AM
Vendor: Parts Pimp

Send a message via AIM to Jerseyparts
who would push you in a pool?
You point em out to me!
post #6 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 10:02 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra S

If it aint broke dont fix it, I'd just keep the phone if its working fine but if there is even a little sign of damage or its acting funny I'd replace it cause it will only get worse.

The Creation of STEALTHY
Quote:
Originally Posted by cmbtengr View Post
So 5 cans of bedliner and alot of beer i stealthed out my entire xterra roof rack and all. Pics to follow. Ohh and night armor + stealthed out= awesome
post #7 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 10:51 AM
Veteran
2008 Xterra Hybrid Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jerseyparts View Post
who would push you in a pool?
You point em out to me!
In a heartbeat!

“Think of how stupid the average person is, and realize half of them are stupider than that.” Carlin
post #8 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 10:57 AM
Veteran
2005 Xterra SE

Well you have to send one back either way. I don't know if they will refund you your $50 though. But the phone you will get from asurion has a 99% chance of being a refurb. In Rooks instance it might have been right after the Storms came out and if they don't have a refurbs yet they will issue a new one. But with your being a Curve, well I am sure they have 100000000000 of those laying around refurbed and ready to go. But if you told them it had water damage then when they send you a new phone it will have a prepackaged envelope for you to send in your broken phone. And if you don't send it back, you get charged the FULL price of the phone. So it will be like 400 bucks. Think of it like a core charge on a radiator or alternator. They then take your broken phone and make it a refurb and your neighbor gets it after they drop their Curve in a water bowl.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #9 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 10:58 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra K.H.A.O.S. Edition

^^ haha thanks bill....it was one of my friends...we were at a pool bar club sort thingy and she was hammered and thought it would be funny...not so funny with your wallet and phone on you....hmmm..

The Great Ninja of the East

post #10 of 27 (permalink) Old 07-01-2010, 11:03 AM

Friend of mine went swimming with his in his pocket. 2 days later it started working again. Week after that black smoke came out of it and it was dead. Water can hide in electronics for a while before it kills something. I would keep the replacement and get your info off the old one while you can.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode