Calmini Receives an 'F' by BBB - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-23-2019, 08:37 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life
2015 Super Black ❌terra Pro-4X 6MT Limited

Garage
Calmini Receives an 'F' by BBB

This was posted on my club's FB page. Looks like Calmini has some serious issues.

https://bakersfieldnow.com/news/loca...ly312Ml3Rjuc8c
RikRong and VMBiohazard like this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:17 AM
Veteran & LPM
2010 ❌terra S & 2010 Frontier SE

Garage
I saw that on the facespace as well. It does not surprise me in the least.
ZheKing likes this.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
&

>

>
|
post #3 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 09:23 AM
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
78 of 80 complaints unanswered. Now that is a sign of a quality company!!
post #4 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 12:11 PM
Lifetime Premium Member
2010 Midnight Armor ❌terra X

Garage
**scratches Calmini off potential bumpers list**

"Well, my time of not taking you seriously is coming to a middle."

Click Here for >
post #5 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 01:01 PM
KC
Member - AKA Neptune
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by MeHere! View Post
scratch of P&P too while you’re at it.
post #6 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:04 PM
Veteran
2015 Metallic Blue Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by MeHere! View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by KC View Post
scratch of P&P too while you’re at it.
Funny, I have experience with both...

With Calmini, I was one of the lucky ones that actually received my products pretty quickly, back in 2014. However, the craftsmanship was less than spectacular. The welds on both bumpers were rusting within 6 months and the coating was coming off the rear bumper in about the same span of time.

As for P&P, the quality of the bumper and the work was awesome, but the service was less than spectacular. My bumper was ordered around the same time as someone else on this forum and his had more options, mine was simple with no hoops or anything. This other person received their bumper about 2 months before I did, but they were semi-local to P&P. My bumper was actually completed pretty quickly, but it took some borderline harassment from me for them to actually ship it. P&P makes some awesome products but they seem to treat their local customers a little better.
post #7 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 02:12 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
When I first for my Xterra in 2015 I was looking at Calmini for the drop bracket kit.

I blame the overland/4x4 scene that made a resurgence in the last 5 years or so and the fact these companies likely prioritize Jeep and Toyota customers, giving us the shaft. It's a shame but if you are getting swamped with orders or delays etc who are you going to scratch from the production list? A couple Nissan/Suzuki guys who have a handful of people to complain to, or one of the thousands Jeep/Toyota owners in the queue which can have a larger negative effect if they complain?

post #8 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:19 PM
2012 Night Armor Xterra S 4x4

Garage
78 OUT OF 80 complaints...for their entire product line - would include all the Toyotas, Nissans, Jeeps, et al.

Thats atrocious.

Makes me glad that I am from Bakersfield, but at age 24 - had moved to Seattle a few decades ago.
post #9 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 04:31 PM Thread Starter
NewX’er 4life

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlackbirdSR71 View Post
78 OUT OF 80 complaints...for their entire product line - would include all the Toyotas, Nissans, Jeeps, et al.

Thats atrocious.

Makes me glad that I am from Bakersfield, but at age 24 - had moved to Seattle a few decades ago.
Well it doesn't say what the people that complained purchased. They may as well be all Nissan/Suzuki people for all we know.

post #10 of 12 (permalink) Old 06-25-2019, 06:56 PM
Veteran
2005 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

Tread lightly with the BBB. They aren't all that trustworthy. When I ran a shop, we had a BBB complaint. Lady came in crying about her check engine light. Clogged EGR. She whined and moaned about being a single mother and not being able to afford replacing it. We cleaned it, for free. She came back later with a misfire due to a bad spark wire, we again tried cleaning the EGR for free after she replaced the one wire. We told her repeatedly it needed to be replaced. She came back a third time for the CEL. Again, EGR. She filed a BBB complaint saying she brought her car to us 3 times and we failed to fix it. After explaining to BBB that we never charged for the those repair attempts and she knew it, BBB said a fair resolution was for us to offer to replace the EGR at half cost! We told BBB to pound dirt and threw the plaque in the trash from them. We got a negative grade from BBB.

Also Yelp and Angies List solicit advertising from businesses. If you choose to advertise with them they help hide or delete bad reviews. Yelp calls it Yelp Sort and or Irrelevant Reviews. Buyer beware and review websites aren't that forthright.
ori, Longboardr and kolsky like this.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Off Topic Section > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode