2017 Colorado ZR2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 6Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 08:12 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CC V6

2017 Colorado ZR2

I had no idea they released the truck. They are on the dealer lots. I had a 2001 back in the day.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 11:28 AM
Veteran
2011 Metallic Green Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Garage
I was behind one of these at a light yesterday. Didn't realize it was a ZR2 as there were no badges on the tail gate. I saw the tire carrier in the bed and the wide stance. Just figured the owner added it. Looks really good!
post #3 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 01:20 PM
Veteran
2006 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

Garage
Co-worker has one in green. It is sweet.
post #4 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:49 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
I've been following it for a while and I have to say it's got everything people have been begging Toyota to put in the Tacos. Locking front diff (that allows you to use it in any mode from what I've read), factory sliders (though not sold on the bolted on body rather than frame) and a diesel option. Also comes with some nice tires factory.

I also read it was planned to come with electronic sway disconnects back when all the specs were out but now that it's been released I haven't seen anything to support that though.
post #5 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 02:55 PM
Veteran
2008 Avalanche White Xterra S

Expedition portal did a review a few months back - to rave reviews: https://expeditionportal.com/chevy-zr2-review/

There $42K. Add another 3K for the diesel. In reality that isn't as bad as it sounds, assuming the quality of GM is better than it was 10 years ago.
post #6 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 03:22 PM
JNR
Veteran
2014 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Saw them at 50k at dealer, so imagine for fully loaded diesel...no thanks. Sure it's a nice truck and all, but that price is ing (what trucks aren't anymore though)

Had a 99 S10 ZR2 xtra cab, 5 speed, when they were still new...great little truck and affordable then...came with a lot you couldn't get in regular versions, incl frame, hd rear axle, etc and other than lobgwheelbase -being truck- and IFS, that thing did great off road, right outta box and decent power at time.

Last edited by JNR; 08-22-2017 at 03:24 PM.
post #7 of 28 (permalink) Old 08-22-2017, 04:04 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by JNR View Post
Saw them at 50k at dealer, so imagine for fully loaded diesel...no thanks. Sure it's a nice truck and all, but that price is ing (what trucks aren't anymore though)

Had a 99 S10 ZR2 xtra cab, 5 speed, when they were still new...great little truck and affordable then...came with a lot you couldn't get in regular versions, incl frame, hd rear axle, etc and other than lobgwheelbase -being truck- and IFS, that thing did great off road, right outta box and decent power at time.
I would say trucks fall under the luxury category nowadays as far as pricing goes. Cost of them has dramatically went up but job-pay has stagnated. I can buy some homes in my area for cheaper than a new truck nowadays abit single and double wide trailers. My dad way back when bought an 01 Taco Offroad model for a little under 20k and still drives it today with nearly 200k on it. He has no plans on trading it in for a new one due to the prices. It's starting to catch up as well as sales of trucks and SUVs has fallen though the cheap MPG cars have risen. 2016 was a good year though from what I've read though but that could be due to the sales and rebates I saw everywhere.

The real downside I think is people babying their trucks. I've known people who wouldn't haul anything in their bed for fear of scratching it....
AlbatrossCafe likes this.
post #8 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-15-2017, 02:46 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2018 Chevy Colorado ZR2 CC V6

171014_0001.jpg

OMG! You have got to see this truck in person. Did a road trip yesterday to get out. Found this one in the showroom with every factory option. Sits higher than what I thought. Sweet is a understatement.
jdunker26 and KenHurst like this.
post #9 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 03:57 PM
2011 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

If I were in a position to drop that kind of coin on a truck, I'd own a ZR2 with the Duramax option, by far my favorite truck out right now, unless of course Dodge decided to put a Cummins in the Power Wagon.
post #10 of 28 (permalink) Old 10-16-2017, 04:12 PM
Lifetime Premium Member

2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X T-Swap'd

It's ugly to me (front lights are too round, the bumper in front of the front tire area looks weird) but for it seems like a "reasonable" price nowadays for a capable truck with front and rear lockers, skids, and sliders, and very advanced shocks from the factory.

Would you rather have this in a diesel or a new base-model Ford Raptor which is about a similar price?

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Trip Photos Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

"Mods first - life later."

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Off Topic Section > Off Topic

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode