Your IWB Holster Search is Over.... - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Go Back   Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Off Topic > Outdoor Activities: > Hunting/Shooting

Old 02-17-2013, 11:46 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

Default Your IWB Holster Search is Over....

In the expensive and time consuming quest to find a comfortable, quality, IWB holster I found the ONYX from StealthgearUSA. Stealthgear has made a holster that took the dual clip leather with kydex style holster to the next level. The biggest difference between the ONYX and others is that the ONYX uses breathable Vortex material and padding, so there's no more sweat building up due to hot skin on leather like other IWB holsters. I've been wearing the ONYX with my M&P40c for about 3 months now, and this is hands down the most comfortable IWB holster that i've used. Breathable material, padded, adjustable positioning, and lightweight.

Check them out at www.stealthgearusa.com, and on facebook too. I know that they have a discount code going right now of, "carry on", for 10% off.

If anyone has any questions about this holster hit me up, I wear mine all day everyday. I've even taken naps and not felt the firearm and rig at all. I used a Crossbreed Supertuck for several years, and never had any complaints. This ONYX takes it to a whole new level of comfort that I wouldn't have though existed.

I can't seem to upload my photos at the moment; I'll try again later.

-SAMI
www.stealthgearusa.com coupon code "carry on"
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-18-2013, 01:18 AM
Pacific Regional Moderator

Ooooh. Thanks or the link. Those look pretty slick.
Old 02-18-2013, 02:13 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

I can't say enough good things about my holster.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-19-2013, 04:45 PM
Veteran
2005 Xterra OR 6MT

Thanks for the link I might order one of those as well.

I just ordered a n82tactical IWB for my Springfield XDS. Bottom one, $39:
http://n82tactical.com/n82store/?page_id=2923

My buddy has one and said it's also very comfy. Although I don't think the n82s have the Vortex you speak of. I like staying dry.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:10 AM
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

I've got a N82, its a great holster for my G30sf. I've only been carrying for a short while though, so its a very short term review. But the other day I drove back to school with my gun and it was surprisingly comfortable for the 3 hour long drive. The only problem I can see someone having with their holster is that they make the same sized holster for many firearms in the same "class", if you will. ie: the same holster for my G30 is sold for my brother's G36, a much slimmer handgun. As far as I know though, while actually carrying he doesnt have any problems with the gun wanting to fall out.
Edit: My N82 is the professional, it has the plastic that kinda locks your gun in against the soft backing.

That stealthgear looks pretty solid, I have kinda wanted to experiment around with holsters to find the best. Thanks for the link, Ill put that one on my try list along with bravo concealment.
Old 02-20-2013, 12:37 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S War Machine Edition

Send a message via AIM to civicjoe

these look awesome, just a little pricey, maybe after i save a little bit up for more items as such
Old 02-20-2013, 11:56 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S (?)

Looks like a nice holster but I'm not digging the two clips. I've had my cobra for over 10 years and love it.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-20-2013, 12:16 PM
Veteran
2007 Xterra S

Wow..$99 for a shield holster...no thanks! I am happy with my crossbreed second that was $35. They do look nice and I wonder how the material breathes in the warm weather.
Old 02-22-2013, 11:32 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

With the discount code you're looking at $85ish, which is great compared to equal holsters like the Crossbreed Supertuck which comes in at $90ish for the comp cut and horse hide.

If you're into a comfortable, high quality rig this is a solid contender in the line up. Obviously there are other holsters out there for less, more, different styles, etc. If you're looking for a quality IWB holster that is up to the abuse of an active lifestyle then you've got to try out the ONYX.
Posted via Mobile Device
Old 02-22-2013, 11:35 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

As for the clips, Stealthgear is in the process of getting clips that ride behind the belt, thus concealing the holster further by hiding the clips. I believe they are called J-clips or J-hook clips.. something like that. I've had the J hook style on other holsters and greatly prefer them over clips that ride outside the belt. So, look to those clips either becoming Stealthgear's new standard or an option from I've heard.
Posted via Mobile Device

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Off Topic > Outdoor Activities: > Hunting/Shooting