How-to (Requires Photos): 05/06 Front Door Panel Removal - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Go Back   Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > How-to's

Old 09-05-2006, 02:36 PM
Site Founding Godfather / Administrator
2011 Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon

Default How-to (Requires Photos): 05/06 Front Door Panel Removal

I got this from a guy over on XF. He was cool enough to let me use this over here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Woody
I just gutted my interior while installing the new stereo system, so I figured I'd document the door panel removal in case anyone else gets stumped while trying to install new speakers.

The procedure is the same for passenger and driver side panels. Most of these photos are of the driver's side.

1) GENTLY but firmly, pull straight up on the elbow cushion, starting at the outside corner of it . There are about 6 white plastic tabs holding it in place, but they should pop loose as you pull. You may need to use a flat screwdriver to pop the one nearest the door handle. You can see it from under the cushion after the others let go.

2) Using a flat-tip screwdriver (wrap the tip in a rag to avoid scratches), gently pry the top half of the door latch trim ring loose as shown. It's held in place with two plastic tabs that will "pop" when they let go.

3) Repeat on the bottom half of the trim ring.

4) Use your screwdriver to gently pop the door latch cup loose.

5) In order to release the forearm cushion with the window/door switches in it, you need to insert a flat screwdriver through the newly accessible door latch cavity and pop the metal spring clip loose. Cover the latch handle with a rag to prevent scratches, and press the tip of the screwdriver straight towards the forearm cushion while pulling up on the cushion. Disconnect the wiring harness from the cushion.

6) You now have access to the three bolts holding the door panel in place. Remove them with a 10mm socket.

7) With the three bolts removed, the only things holding the panel to the door are 8 white plastic fittings mounted around the perimeter of the door panel. Simply grab the bottom corner of the panel and give it a tug, pulling the panel away from the door. Each of these connectors will "pop" when they let go. When the panel "lets go", pull the bottom edge away from the door and list the whole panel straight up to pull the top lip of the panel up and out of the window well.

Here's what the door skin looks like without the interior panel (passenger side).

Here's what mine looks like with the new Polk/MOMO 6.5" midbass driver and crossover mounted.

Have fun!

W.

AKA our Founding Father (The Godfather)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-05-2006, 03:12 PM
Veteran
2008 JEEP wrangler Unlimited Rubicon off-road

Send a message via MSN to JIMBO

--Thanx everso Dan-- that damn panel was harder to figure out than the WW11 German "code" without the ENIGMA-- --JIMBO

--Man, you gotta have "style"
Old 09-05-2006, 09:03 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra Off-Road

BP and XF is good folk!

Thanks for bringing the post over here.

Red Brawn 06 OR 4X4 MT
Shrockworks Sliders & Front Bumper
Desert Red Interior...
Old 11-16-2007, 12:34 AM

Anyone have these picture to post back up at all? They are all nice big red X
Old 11-16-2007, 10:15 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra S 4x4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fezzik
Anyone have these picture to post back up at all? They are all nice big red X
gimmie a min...i got it well I uploaded to imageshack and cant find them....this could take a lil longer
Fog Light Mod
Old 11-16-2007, 10:26 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra S 4x4

start at the top- the biggest clip is up there

notice size of clip in upper corner, just unplug here

this part comes flyin off if you use enough force...the main bolt is behind it

after a few screw/bolts and a sharp tug on the Pocket area lift up and away and you get this
forgive me for not taking a photo of the latch area, that is the hardest part use a small flat head, look for the slot in the trim behind the handle and there are 4 clips on it once you have it out there are 3-4 bolts/screws (i cant remember) and then the door comes off...enjoy

oh yea and that blue tool I am using...it was left in my xterra after service...it says its a "narrow molding removial tool" bonus!!!!
Old 05-07-2010, 12:21 AM
Veteran
2007 Altima SL

Adding to this thread just for additional reference:

Old 05-25-2012, 04:00 AM
Supporting Member
2006 T-Swap Lightning Silver Xterra OR 4x4

Thanks for reposting some pics. I have to take my door panel trim off to see what is up with my window motor / regulator on the driver's side. If I get any new insights, I'll post them here.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > How-to's