Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Coverking Tactical Seat Covers - M.O.L.L.E./ Ballistic

35K views 65 replies 36 participants last post by  emtmark 
#1 · (Edited)
http://www.flickr.com/photos/79806409@N07/?saved=1
http://gunsandtactics.com/coverking...67ec16194-RSS_EMAIL_CAMPAIGN&utm_medium=email
http://www.autoaccessoriesgarage.com/Seat-Covers/Coverking-Tactical-Seat-Covers

Once I found out that Coverking was making these I purchased a set for my X and have had them on for about three weeks now. I am very happy with initial fit, constuction & matterials used. The pouches that it came with are also of the same quality.
The added benefit of being able to attach any of my current M.O.L.L.E. gear or velcro items is outstanding.(velcro is under the PALS webbing about 2/3 the way down the back of seat covers)
Thus far I would give them 5 Stars – the only thing that could change that would be if the durability of the covers fails in the near future. (In my pics on the first link the seat covers appear more wrinkled because of cammera flash than they do in normal lighting to the eye)

- Semper Fi, ROPEGUN

#37 ·
so i'm gonna ask the same question on this thread as I did on the GB thread since I didn't get an answer over there.

How are they in the summer? do they breath at all? nobody likes swamp ass.

#38 · (Edited)
The covers should not limit the airbags. When ordering you have options such as whether your seats have the airbags, fold-flat passenger, etc. I currently have neoprene coverking seat covers and I ordered them thinking that I had the airbags, and there are cutouts in them where you tuck the fabric in, but if the airbag goes boom, there is nothing significant impeding their motion. I will try to take a photo of what I'm talking about tomorrow when the sun is up.

Also found this on the Coverking website:

"ULTIMATE DURABILITY: These seat covers are tough. If ClintEastwood were a seat cover, we are pretty sure he had be ballistic/cordura. You dont even want to look at these covers the wrong way, that is how tough they are. Perfect for pet-owners, construction workers, parents with "“active"” kids, and folks (you know who you are) who treat their vehicles like a temporary receptacle bin until "“clean-up"” day."

and this:

"Coverking's Custom Ballistic Seat Covers are the toughest Custom Seat Covers available - bar none! Not the most comfortable material, but definitely the toughest - repeated entry and exit, even with riveted jeans won't damage this material. Dogs, cats, and kids don't stand a chance. Coverking uses Ballistic material, which has a water proof inner coating. Because Cordura Plus is a stiff fabric, it will show more wrinkles than other materials."

I could not find a swamp ass meter on their website though.

#40 ·
thanks Paul!

#43 ·
That's what I wanted to hear!

#44 ·
not sure if asked yet??.. How are they for(Sun) UV damage/Fade?.

The GB is Great timing.. Now, bonus attachment points for my toy's & goodies. That is a thread on it's own.

molle Mod thread..

#46 ·
These covers look awesome, and now charcoal is an option, sweet!
Time for me to get off the fence and jump on this GB, I'm still not sure about the back row, Molle stuff might get in the way when I haul stuff around? I can't wait to see some pics.:icon_smile:

Anyone have a lead on grenades?;)
You could awlays make your own!:idea1:

#48 ·
Just went to CK's website and looked for covers for a 2012, they dont list them ??? I have a set that came out of my 2005, I kept them when I traded it. Does anyone have these on a 2012 yet? I dont see a "difference" between 2011 (which is listed) and 2012 but would like to hear if anyone has a set on a '12. I know the '05 did not have side impact airbags so I would assume that the later ones are made with that in mind. Any info would be helpful!

#52 ·
The neosupremes seemed to be a bit loose when I first installed them. After using them and retightening then a few times they are great and wear well. The Cheap fabric Nissan used on the seats was already waering after six months! I would buy Coverkings again. Just wish the neosupremes were available in grey overall.

#54 ·
Mine are supposed to be here in about 7 days. I cant wait. I was sketchy about the fit at first but Mudlover55 had some photos that showed the Tacticals actually fit really well. Ive had my '05 for 6 years and I love the look of the stock seats but they are showing the wear.

#63 ·
I've had the tactical grey ones at least two years.
About the only problem to report is I need to take my beard trimmer out and shave them over the stitching areas. They get fuzzy with wear, but seams are still solid.
Don't fit super tight, but it even said so when I bought them as they're not stretchy at all.
Durable for sure and easy to clean.
Dog hair doesn't stick to them.
Having all the pouches on the back is damn nice [emoji106].
Came with about 6 various pouches I believe.
Not sweaty in the summer or cold in the winter.

#65 ·
I just got my CoverKings in Charcoal and I'm happy with them so far, they seem like high quality.
The only thing I'm not thrilled with is the color; it seems more medium grey than "charcoal", at least compared to the rest of my interior.
Installation was actually easier than I expected, though the under-seat subwoofer and amp of the factory RF audio system make things a little more difficult.

They seem pretty durable and comfortable. I like all the molle pouches for the rear of the covers. Have no idea what I'll put in them. There's a pouch that would be perfect for a knife, but I just keep seeing someone riding in the back seat grabbing it and slitting my throat while I'm driving.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.