Michelin tires at Sam's Club - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Go Back   Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels

Old 08-19-2007, 02:08 AM
Noobie

Default Michelin tires at Sam's Club

Hello

I am looking at replacing the 265/70/16 General Grabbers that came with my wife's 2006 bottom-feeder X-model X with some Michelins. She would really only drive it on the road. I was originally considering some Michelin LTX M/S'. Today, I saw some Michelin "X Radial" tires at Sam's Club that look just like the LTX M/S. The tread pattern looks virtually identical. All the ratings on the labels are the same except that the tread life is 440 for the LTX M/S and is 500 for the X Radial in the 265/70/16 size. The tread life is 500 for both types in the 275/70/16 size. The price of the X Radial is $11 to $16 less than the best price that I have found for the same size LTX M/S.

Does anyone know if the X Radial is a "rebadged" LTX M/S that is offered exclusively through Sam's Club?

Thanks.

Phil
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-21-2007, 11:51 PM

It wouldn’t surprise me a bit. Sears used to have a contract with Michelin and sell basically the same tire just like you said. They may still do I'm not sure. Check the warranty and if it is the same or better I’d say there is a good chance of it. I bought Michelin LT M/S tires several years ago for my Dodge truck except they were Sears, one of the best tires for all around use I’ve ever owned and a lot cheaper. I was doing some contract work for Michelin North American HQ in Greenville SC at the time and one of the employees there turned me on to them. Check the reviews on Tire Rack, someone might have posted the same question and you would get a better answer, sorry.
Old 08-22-2007, 09:56 AM
Noobie

Default Michelin Tires

If you "GOOGLE" X Radial, the consensus appears to be that the X radial is a re-badged LTX M/S. The X is available at Sam's C;lub, as well as Costco, and probably BJ's.
Old 08-22-2007, 06:27 PM
2005 Xterra S

Default Michelins on X

I just put Michelins from Sam's Club (X Radials) on my 05 this weekend. Very quite tire, handling is fine. $146 / tire plus $10.50 / tire installation/balancing and tire disposal fee (tax extra)

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels