Low Windshield Washer Fluid Light - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

Go Back   Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Interior

Old 03-01-2011, 04:52 PM
2009 Xterra Off-Road

Default Low Windshield Washer Fluid Light

UPDATE: just got off the phone with the dealership. Low windshield washer fluid warning light has been discontinued across all models.

At the risk of sounding like an idiot, does do US model 2009 OR Xterras have a low windshield washer fluid warning light? According to the manual it does, but I want to make sure mine's actually broken before I take it into the shop. Has anyone with an '09 OR ever seen this light?

I ran out of windshield fluid the other day because you can't check the tank level manually because its hidden in the fender somewhere. Bad design...

Thanks in advance!

Cheers,

2009 Xterra OR - black
Tow Package/Tech Package/6 spd

Last edited by IsaacF; 03-01-2011 at 06:01 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-01-2011, 05:04 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S/MT

Send a message via ICQ to MdPhoenix Send a message via AIM to MdPhoenix Send a message via MSN to MdPhoenix Send a message via Yahoo to MdPhoenix

I thought mine didn't have one, then I realized I wasn't out, but it was frozen. The '06 has one.
Old 03-01-2011, 05:09 PM
2009 Xterra Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MdPhoenix View Post
I thought mine didn't have one, then I realized I wasn't out, but it was frozen. The '06 has one.
Cool, thanks for the quick response. Unfortunately, it I wonder if they cut this sensor out like they did the front engine covers... Out of curiosity, what trim level do you have?

cheers,
Old 03-01-2011, 05:12 PM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S/MT

Send a message via ICQ to MdPhoenix Send a message via AIM to MdPhoenix Send a message via MSN to MdPhoenix Send a message via Yahoo to MdPhoenix

I have an S
Old 03-01-2011, 05:23 PM
2009 Xterra Off-Road

Shweet, thanks!
Old 03-01-2011, 06:02 PM
2009 Xterra Off-Road

Issue resolved - see first post. Looks like it went the way of the engine cover, tow hook, and other goodies.
Old 03-01-2011, 06:11 PM
Veteran
2008 Monstera SAS

I call BS.

Im pretty sure its required as a safety thing. Just in case something hits your window and you need to wash it off to be able to see where your driving. Just like TPMS is now required, i would think low wiper fluid is too.

Dealership possibly just lying or dont know what they are talking about?
Old 03-01-2011, 06:45 PM
2009 Xterra Off-Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by paintsnow View Post
I call BS.

Im pretty sure its required as a safety thing. Just in case something hits your window and you need to wash it off to be able to see where your driving. Just like TPMS is now required, i would think low wiper fluid is too.

Dealership possibly just lying or dont know what they are talking about?
I dont' think so. I talked to a parts guy who sounded pretty knowledgeable. He looked up the truck by vin, but apparently the tank was sold as a unit and didn't specify a sensor or not, so he tried a few other programs and then finally found something that said it had been discontinued. It may have been bs, but it was pretty convincing... I guess the only way to see for sure is see how many wires actually go to the tank, but I'm halfway around the world from my truck at the moment...
Old 03-01-2011, 08:30 PM
Veteran
2008 Xterra Off Road 6MT

My 08 OR has the light, it came on last week. the tank will hold over a gallon.

2005 S 4x4, V6, 6MT (RIP: 3-10-2005 to 6-23-2010)
Old 03-01-2011, 08:31 PM
2009 Xterra SE w/ Tech and Leather Package

Im not 100% sure but my 09 SE doesnt have the light. I ran out because I never saw a light come on. I know it wasnt because the stuff froze either because I use the Rain-x orange stuff. It goes to like -20 or something crazy.
MODS: General Grabber AT2 tires, 8K HID head/fogs, 20% Tint, AVIC-x920bt(sirius,ipod,BT,backup cam,nav,dvd re-pin), T2 components(front), T1 tweeters and coax(back), 12" P3 in ported box, Stinger SPP1500D power cell, M-Class 5-channel amp, Compustar Remote start/Alarm, and Volant Intake.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Interior