Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

"Bruce" sfujimoto123's 2005 SE Xterra

9K views 26 replies 12 participants last post by  Brazos_bend 
#1 · (Edited)
Intro Comments: Hey everyone, I've been on here quite a bit but never made a build thread. Thought it was about time to do so.

Username: sfujimoto123

Nickname: "Bruce"

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
Model: Xterra
Trim: SE
Color: Night Armor

MODS

Suspension, Tires and Wheels:
[x]Old Man Emu HD leaf springs
[x]Nisstec Adjustable shackles highest setting
[x] radflo emulsion rear shocks
[x]Titan swap lenght Radflo 2.5 coilovers
[x]650 lbs eibach coils
[x]SPC upper control arms
[x]Toyo Open Country 295/75/16
[x]Procomp 7079's

Armor/Bumpers:
[x]Shrockworks Front bumper
[x]Shrockworks single tube sliders
[x]Shrockworks full set of skids
[x]Boulder Ironworx 1st edition rear tire carrier

Other Equipment:
[x]VIAIR 450c OBA system
[x]Gobi passenger side ladder
[x]24 in Assault Motorsports light bar
[x]Whattha special drop in roof rack
[x]Magnaflo 12580 two in one out muffler
[x] Volant Cold air intake
[x]HID's with projector headlight
[x]Intake manifold spacer
[x]rear diff breather mod

Mods for the Future:
Heimed steering maybe

I'm sure there will be more, but I cant think of now.

PHOTOS

I did and do a horrible job of taking pics of my x, so there arent too many to post.

As he sits now:

Couldnt help but to get a pic parked next to a rubicon. Had a good 6 inches on it. Should have seen the owners look when I pulled up and they looked up to me.

One of the few pics I have of Bruce from early one, he still have a 1.5 in spacer up front and the OME leaf springs with adjsutable shackles in this pic.

See less See more
#2 ·
Should have updated this a long time ago. I got around to retrofitting my headlights and am quite happy with it.

here is stock headlight next to my retrofitted headlight and some night pics for all of you to see the difference.

Now some night shots

This is before I got around to aiming them properly

I adjusted them and now they shoot out more than down.

#5 ·
Yes, I bought morimoto HID's, and some amazon 2.5 mini projectors.

The first headlight took me prob an hour or so excluding time for paint to dry, then the second light prob took me 30 mins or so.

Its well worth it in my opinion. I really like the look to, but its functionality is unparalleled to anything an halogen can do.

#8 ·
There are 4 star bolts that hold the housing together. You take those out, Then set your oven to about 215 degrees. Put the housing in for about 10 mins, then pry it open. It was scary the first time so I bought some spares off of craigslist before hand incase it went bad, but it was easy.

You'll want to get some sealant to seal it all up afterwards.

#13 ·
Bad A$$ Lookin rig. Have been researching drive train parts to set my SE up like yours. Maybe by early/mid next year I can have parts together. So what gearing are you running with those 34's? How much over weight did you go on rear leafs and are they the 2" added lift? Is that why you set your shackles to lowest point? Are you using stock Titan lower control arms? What did you do with the VDC, is it still connected with the M226? That part of swapping to M226 had me kinda concerned. Wasn't sure what to do with it.

#14 ·
I'm currently on the 3.36 gears. I would like to go up to 4.10, but thats a lot of money I dont have right now haha, but it handles just fine. Havent had any issues where I really needed more torque.

I have the HD leaf springs from Old man emu, and really like that. I know some people dont like them. for the price point and quality I have no issues with the leaf springs. I am currently sitting at 39 inches in the rear and 38.25 in the front as far as ground to fender height and like the look so I'm keeping it there. may go to the middle setting but for now its good.

As for abs/vdc you need to get new sensors and they are expensive if you swap in an m226. You need to find the right yoke and spine count to mate the drive shaft and the m226 axle. Rugged rocks has the yoke if you cant find a used one.

over all having an e locker hardwired to go on when I want, and the titan swap is awesome. I daily drive this rig and it handles great on road then when I get time I take it for some fun in the desert.

#18 ·
Now time to set up some on board air. Got this set up as a steal. Its the constant duty viair system with the 450c compressor at 100% duty cycle.

Mounted the tank where my spare use to be

then mounted the compressor in my bumper. It has a fair amount of protection so I feel confident it being there.

Another view of it bolted to my bumper

#19 ·
The bolts through the bumper KIND of irked me at first, then I realized they are blocked by a swing out carrier. And it seems VERY functional there. Looks well protected, but I wonder if it would get splashed with mud/water a lot. Maybe put a simple splash guard there? Even just chunk of a rubber mud flap?

I like that recessed hitch! I know there's functional reasons against them (jack knife clearance, crawling under for hitch pin, etc)... but it just looks so clean. That's definitely the mini-trucker side of me coming through though. I plan on a non-tire carrier bumper, and the hitch sticking out is an eye-sore... hoping I don't smack it all the time (either on my shin or rocks).

#22 ·
haha ya I wasnt sure where to mount it and after running through some water and mud this was the driest and cleanest place. There is a lip that wraps underneath from the bumper that you can see, so it is a little bit of a splash guard but I am going to look into having someone build me a simple box for it. I wish i could do it but dont have the skills or knowledge.

#23 ·
Well after a long 2 weeks of my rear shocks being stuck in the southeast due to the storms. They arrived.

I couldn't sleep tonight so I installed them. Took about an hour. I can tell these shocks are already much stiffer than the bilstein 5100's we'll see how they ride. Hopefully I can test them out this weekend.

Here are some pics.

And installed.

Will report back once I ride around with them.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.