Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Wheel Advice Quick Might Buy Locally Tomm

8K views 23 replies 8 participants last post by  kmedina941 
#1 ·
I found a set of XD addicts really cheap but theyre 16x9 -12 offset and 4.5 back space. ill have to buy a 6x4.5 to 6x5.5 adapters that are 1.25 in thick. YOu guys think i will have to trimm metal or just do the melt mod? I have 265/75/16s. Need advice asap cus i might buy them tommorow.

See less See more
#12 ·
wheel advice quick might buy locally tomm.

That wheel with 4.5" backspace is going to stick out pretty far by itself (~2.2" farther than stock). Add the 1.25" adapters to that and they will stick out way to far imo. Guaranteed trimming even with stock tires. Really bad idea.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App

#13 ·
That wheel with 4.5" backspace is going to stick out pretty far by itself (~2.2" farther than stock). Add the 1.25" adapters to that and they will stick out way to far imo. Guaranteed trimming even with stock tires. Really bad idea.

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
This.

Plus, if you don't have a spare that matches, you're pretty much SOL when/if you get a flat. Sounds like a bad idea just to try and save a buck. Not worth it.

#17 ·
Yea i cant believe i was considering actually getting adapters for other wheels. Lesson learned, all you gotta do is dig deep and search around before anything. The few wheels out for the X are indeed pretty nice. heres another while we're at it. Level 8 Punch wheels 16x8.5 also with ideal offset and backspacing.

#24 ·
Yea man i really don't go wheeling much if at all i just love the Xterra/SUVs in general. As far as the Bro trucks as long as your Xterra dont look like this you're good lol.

Im staying with the 16s and I dont think people should put anything bigger than 18s on the X or any rugged SUVs it will look wrong. I like something like this no bigger than 18 inch wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.