Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Fellow Canadians, where did you get your wheels?

3K views 9 replies 5 participants last post by  thegrandpoohbah 
#1 ·
I'm looking for a set of 16" wheels, preferably flat black in colour. Living as far north as I do my options are very limited. Can anyone suggest a retailer that will ship to Canada? I was looking on Tire Rack at these Ultra Crushers but hey are backordered: http://www.tirerack.com/wheels/results.jsp?filterSize=16&filterFinish=All&filterBrand=All&filterWeight=All&autoMake=Nissan&autoModel=Xterra+4wd&autoYear=2011&autoModClar=PRO-4X&sort=Brand&filterNew=All&filterSpecial=false. I like the Level 8 Guardians too but does Discount Tire ship? Their website only directs you to their retail stores...

#3 ·
I can't tell where you're located here are my suggestions:
1) stealth the oem wheels (I contemplated buying a different set, but once I painted the originals I liked them a lot and haven't looked back)
2) check Craigslist / kiji (I found a killer deal on my Toyos locally on Craig's)
3) call your local shops (kal, fountain, big o tire, etc)
4) go across the border (if that's an option, not sure where you're located)

Good luck.
Posted via Mobile Device

#6 ·
Thanks, that's exactly what I needed. I was on their other website. I live in the boonies and the local Kal Tire can't get anything that will fit the X. I searched 1010tires and even checked Canadian Tire but they don't have anything either.

The factory wheels will be used for the snow tires so I need a new set for the summers (stock Rugged Trails for now...). Already have 16" tires so 17" wheels are out of the question. Kal Tire wants $837 for a set of four 16" steelies, mounted and balanced. I figure for that kind of money I may as well spend a few bucks more and get something nicer.

#8 ·
Yes, I am aware. However given that we don't have a lot of choices for wheels (and even fewer if you want black) I can't afford to be picky about where they are made. Discount Tire Direct wants $200 for "Prepaid Canadian Tariff Fees", bringing my total for 4 Level 8 Guardian wheels and a set of lug nuts to $707. I have yet to find anything comparable at a better price.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.