Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Pioneer Appradio Installed

4K views 12 replies 9 participants last post by  XT1 
#1 ·
spent a bit of time working this one out... i installed a Pioneer AppRadio and was not happy about the loose connection cables showing. i bought the OEM Garmin storage case... found a bracket that fit/mounted to the socket, and not i have a factory look and am able to hide all the loose cables. I'm pretty happy about it...

See less See more
#8 · (Edited)
arliberator is the only way i could ever justify buying this headunit for android, the list of apps it works with is so small. not to mention ive rooted all of my android phones ive owned, haven't bricked one yet, and had no issue returning one for warranty exchange when the usb port died so i had no way to unroot before returning. $29 for an app that allows 100% usage of the phone through the appradio was well worth it to me, sucks the iphone doesnt have the same.

very nice clean intall though, ive been looking for a gps dock to stash my phone in like you did, for now i just have the usb cable coming out between the 2 cupholders.

#10 ·
Diggin' up an old thread.

I'm torn between a Pioneer using ARliberator or similar, or go with one of the Chinese Pure Android head units. I've spent the better part of the weekend and today pouring over forums. It seems that the whole Android unit deal is still in it's infancy with lots of folks working on hacking the software. That's beyond my expertise, but I'm not opposed to rooting my phone if needed, have done in the past when needed.

I would really like to see a 7" screen with GPS, SD cards for maps and music (I don't need CD or DVD) and a backup camera. Would be nice to have the steering wheel controls work too.

Anyone seen anything out there for the X yet???

#13 ·
Ha! Too funny as I literally just installed my appradio 3 yesterday! I love the garmin mod! Any tips?

FYI - I could be wrong, but from what Ive read online, we cant use AR Liberator...it doesnt work for the 3rd version yet. ARUNCHAINED is apparently where it's at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.