Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Michelin tires at Sam's Club

3K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  dnorton 
#1 ·
Hello

I am looking at replacing the 265/70/16 General Grabbers that came with my wife's 2006 bottom-feeder X-model X with some Michelins. She would really only drive it on the road. I was originally considering some Michelin LTX M/S'. Today, I saw some Michelin "X Radial" tires at Sam's Club that look just like the LTX M/S. The tread pattern looks virtually identical. All the ratings on the labels are the same except that the tread life is 440 for the LTX M/S and is 500 for the X Radial in the 265/70/16 size. The tread life is 500 for both types in the 275/70/16 size. The price of the X Radial is $11 to $16 less than the best price that I have found for the same size LTX M/S.

Does anyone know if the X Radial is a "rebadged" LTX M/S that is offered exclusively through Sam's Club?

Thanks.

Phil

#2 ·
It wouldn’t surprise me a bit. Sears used to have a contract with Michelin and sell basically the same tire just like you said. They may still do I'm not sure. Check the warranty and if it is the same or better I’d say there is a good chance of it. I bought Michelin LT M/S tires several years ago for my Dodge truck except they were Sears, one of the best tires for all around use I’ve ever owned and a lot cheaper. I was doing some contract work for Michelin North American HQ in Greenville SC at the time and one of the employees there turned me on to them. Check the reviews on Tire Rack, someone might have posted the same question and you would get a better answer, sorry.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.