Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

E-locker on Off Road X

10K views 15 replies 15 participants last post by  Rook 
#1 ·
So can i just say that i am just a little disappointed right now... i am the proud owner of a 07 x off road that has the factory e-locker out back that i have used a small hand full of times. now what i am disappointed in is that every time i have used my locker... IT WAS TO PULL SOME ONE ELSE OUT OF THE DITCH!!! Not once has my rig been in a place that it couldnt get itself out with just the t/c. and that is not saying that i dont go off road. i dont go Xtreme like i would like to, but i have been in thick mud that went up to the off road sign on the door, and not once had a problem.

im sorry im really not disappointed in anything about my x, i love everything about it... i just wanted to let everyone else know how much i like my rig. thats all. lol have a good day. :wave:

#3 ·
I havn't needed a locker yet either, I think it would still be nice to have a
locker, especially if you use your X for alot of climbing and rock crawling! Lockers are on my mod list, someday I'll get to see how well they preform myself!
Posted via Mobile Device

#7 ·
I ran it through the google translator a couple of times to find the real meaning:

So I can only say that I am a little disappointed, but now ... I am the proud owner of 07 x factory off-road e-forts in the back, once a small handful of times. Now I'm disappointed that every time I used my locker ... It was to take someone else's ditch! No, it was my program was in place, which is itself only solidified t / you is not that they do not leave the road. Xtreme dont go as I'd like, but I was in the thick mud, which played at the sign on the door, and not where the problem is.

#14 ·
Low speed use, particularly with a stock or near stock X is when the suspension gets flexed out. If there is no locker, the opposite wheels (FL, RR or FR and RL) will spin and you go nowhere. Engage locker and both rear wheels have power.

I can certainly say that before I upgraded the suspension, I used the locker A LOT! Now, not so much.

For high speed, I think the most likely usage is deep sand. If you run the dunes, a rear locker and high speeds = fun! I installed the override so I can engage my locker whenever I want.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.