Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

P0301 - Misfire Cylinder #1 (now won't start)

14K views 6 replies 3 participants last post by  steve500 
#1 · (Edited)
Just got the P0301 code on the way home tonight. Truck started to run rough, and the SES was blinking. I'm parking it until morning, as it's 110*F out right now. Hopefully, it's just the plug and/or coil pack.

#3 · (Edited)
This morning, I changed the plugs using the how-to from CF (big thanks to shinermiller):

http://www.clubfrontier.org/forums/f23/how-change-spark-plugs-2005-gen-2-frontier-40507/

Spark plugs were overdue (I'm at 120K miles), but they didn't look bad - just old and somewhat worn. I was hoping #1 spark plug (passenger's side front plug) was going to be looking really crappy, but it looked like normal wear:

Truck will not start. Too hot out to mess with this now. In the morning, I'm going to spray some starting fluid down the throttle body to see if that will help (maybe a fuel issue is causing the no start condition).

#7 ·
Ive seen this a few times on the forums and happened to my 05 Frontier spontaneously.

I still have yet to come down to the cause of this.

Dealer says it was bad ground harnesses on the engine and body that split off from the ground junction connected to the battery.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.