Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

NWXC Cowbell of Shame Photo Thread

8K views 33 replies 12 participants last post by  Maverick 
#1 · (Edited)
This thread will show the journey of our cowbell of shame. Yes its a short journey for now, but every month this will get updated.

Its life started in January 2014 with HatterZXY attaching it to SPZXterra's Jeep on our kick off snow run. What better reason to be the first victim then to have traded your Xterra in on a Jeep?

It stayed with SPZXterra for a while since we didn't have many runs and we were unsure who was going to make the next run.

Over Memorial Day weekend it got passed off to HatterZXY. HatterZXY got stuck in the snow and dug himself in deep ruining the track that was blazed.

Over this past weeked(6/21/14) it got passed off to me(Snowtrout). I got stuck and had to winch myself out of a spot where two unlocked rigs made it through before me (Personally I blame the spotter I had).

After our Naches Pass/Manastash Ridge run in July 2014 it stayed with me. I bailed out and stayed with the group of people who wanted to explore instead of wheel on the second day.

Yesterday(8/16/14) It got passed back to SPZXterra. Multiple reasons here. He traded his old Jeep on a new Jeep(Ok, can't blame him from going from a sport to an AEV Rubicon), traded out his expedition trailer for a better one(again, can't really blame him), but left the trailer at the bottom of the trail instead of taking it to the top and camping like originally planned.

In September it stayed with SPZXterra for not coming out wheeling with us when he did come out to the meeting location, I don't have a picture of it actually on the Jeep and not the trailer.

October it again stayed with SPZXterra, we were supposed to have an expedition run out in Hell's Canyon but those of us who were interested could not get our schedules to agree. Again, no picture on the Jeep.

November, the cowbell finally got switched to another vehicle, problem was it was still SPZXterra on his 4Runner that he replaced the AEV Rubicon with.

December, the shame finally got passed onto a new victum. Cavecricket (not a TNX username) came out to our mod day this past weekend hungover with no mods to do. She wasn't even willing to have a beer she was that hungover. She may have had one later on in the evening but I wasn't sober enough to pay that kind of attention anymore.

Yesterday, 1/24/15, the cowbell got passed off to Wyldgecko. He kept spinning his tires in the track that was made through the snow and since it was an in and out trail we all had to play pinball on the way back out. Rig is metallic blue, unsure what the wife was doing with her camera to make it look like this.

The victim from last month during a BBQ. Greg. He got it because titan swap with mudflaps, 20s (or maybe 18s can't remember), getting stuck and having to winch out(great part here is he had it installed at 4WP and they didn't spool it under load so it kept slipping).

Cowbell is now with David. Wheeling with a brush guard, rear sway bar, and mudflaps is why he earned it.

The cowbell got passed on to a guy named Joshua on or about 5/3/16. He has it because the prior cowbell recipient had bought him a club sticker and he had yet to install it.

See less See more
#5 ·
Nice. Definitely need a story on why each was earned.
I started this shackle of shame a while back. It has gone to Moab and has been on a bunch of trucks.
Not to sure where it is now.
It's a big shackle.
View attachment 4913

Sent from AutoGuide.com Free App
Its possible Mudlover55 has it now, even though he is not rocking it on a daily basis.

#7 ·
I have it for now and even though its only 5 months old it is in need of new paint. I am going to strip it down, prime it and repaint it. In July someone else will get to be the new victim.
Should be PINK! :geek:

#14 ·
More pictures added and stories for why there have not been any updated the past few months.

In September it stayed with SPZXterra for not coming out wheeling with us when he did come out to the meeting location, I don't have a picture of it actually on the Jeep and not the trailer.

October it again stayed with SPZXterra, we were supposed to have an expedition run out in Hell's Canyon but those of us who were interested could not get our schedules to agree. Again, no picture on the Jeep.

November, the cowbell finally got switched to another vehicle, problem was it was still SPZXterra on his 4Runner that he replaced the AEV Rubicon with.

December, the shame finally got passed onto a new victum. Cavecricket (not a TNX username) came out to our mod day this past weekend hungover with no mods to do. She wasn't even willing to have a beer she was that hungover. She may have had one later on in the evening but I wasn't sober enough to pay that kind of attention anymore.

#25 ·

The victim from last month during a BBQ. Greg. He got it because titan swap with mudflaps, 20s (or maybe 18s can't remember), getting stuck and having to winch out(great part here is he had it installed at 4WP and they didn't spool it under load so it kept slipping).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.