Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Soldier Pass Closure

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  Hammer 
#1 · (Edited)
#2 ·
I assume (after reading up on it) you mean Red Rock Jeep Tours. It would appear that they are the ones who got the trial recognized in 1995. Soldiers Pass Jeep Trail It could also be inferred that they are the ones seeking the closure to all others. Bad form.

Can you post a link to the information you referenced? Also wondering if the Jeep tours can enter the Red Rock / Secret Mountain Wilderness Area or if even they stop at the boundary.

Soldiers Pass Trail - Red Rock Western Jeep Tours - Off-road Sedona Arizona Adventures with Pink and Purple Skies

It also appears (again from my quick reading) that it's already done. Requiring permits of properly equipped vehicles is one thing (and limiting those that are not), but closing down a recognized public land trail to to all but a tour company is another thing entirely.

#4 ·
You are correct, I updated the OP post to reflect that Red Rock Tours was given the access, not Pink Jeep. I also included the link to the Forest Service project page. I'll look for a better summary but I haven't found it yet. It seems like they were trying to do this quietly as usual. From my understanding they are not even taking objections from people unless they initially signed the opposition. So if this is the first you are hearing about it, the USFS doesn't want to hear your opinion.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.