** Confession Thread ** - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 147Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:24 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2012 Pro-4X M/T

** Confession Thread **

Saw this on another forum, thought we could use it on TheNewX. I'll start.

* Two of my skids and both of my sliders have never been scraped.

* Part of the reason I don't buy a winch is that all my friends have one and I figure they'll just bail me out if I get in trouble.

* Sometimes I drive the speed limit to save on gas.

* I Armor All my M/Ts.

* I like to watch rollover videos on YouTube, then get really nervous about it when I'm on the trail.

* When telling my wife how much mods cost, I round down. Way down. Usually a couple hundred dollars down.

Who's next?
x-men-terra and Jyoung992 like this.

Last edited by AusteX; 06-29-2012 at 12:26 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:32 PM
Veteran
2013 Wrangler

Quote:
Originally Posted by AusteX View Post
Saw this on another forum, thought we could use it on TheNewX. I'll start.

* Two of my skids and both of my sliders have never been scraped.

* Part of the reason I don't buy a winch is that all my friends have one and I figure they'll just bail me out if I get in trouble.

* I Armor All my M/Ts.

* I like to watch rollover videos on YouTube, then get really nervous about it when I'm on the trail.

* When telling my wife how much mods cost, I round down. Way down. Usually a couple hundred dollars down.

Who's next?
I had my truck washed the other day and they Armor All'd my Duratracs. I was so pissed. Looks ridiculous!!
post #3 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:34 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra Off-Road

These are me 100%

Ive got helper springs on my AAL to keep-em from sagging. Just a band-aid over a band-aid. One day Ill wise up and get alcans.

Oh yeah I like my MTs shiny after a car wash too!

2010 X OR Super Black
PRG Advanced lift, 600# Coilover, PRG UCAs, PRG AAL, PRG Shackles, Dynomax CBE, Superchips Cortex, Shrockworks sliders skids and bumper, 295/75/16 Hankook Dynapro MTs ProComp 7089

post #4 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:42 PM
Veteran
2011 Lightning Silver Xterra Pro-4X

+I've never been real off roading in my X (I just play in local area's)

+I don't know anyone around here personally with a rig so I'm afraid of getting stuck. (I go out solo)

+I like coming up with creative solutions for moding a vehicle but usually lack the motivation to do them.

+Sometimes I wounder if I'm building a mall crawler
post #5 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:52 PM
Veteran - AKA klundquist
2010 Super Black Xterra X

- I'm on this site way more often than I should be

- I've spent more money and time on the Xterra than any other car or hobby

- "Mod money" some how is a different form of currency for me. For instance: "$50 to treat the leather on the living room sofa?! F that." vs. "$500 for Neoprene seat covers? That's a STEAL!"

- I can perform "mental hoops" when it comes to justifing Xtrerra purchases.... (But I NEED a Raingler net)

2010 X, Uprev, IMS, Volant w/o powercore, DT Cat Back w/Dynomax VT, JVC KW-NT3HDT, Focal Components, Custom JL Box, JL Amp, Michelin LTX M/S2s on Pathfinder 5 spokes, Road Master Rear Active Suspension

Last edited by iamamused; 06-29-2012 at 12:54 PM.
post #6 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM
2010 Xterra Off Road

Quote:
Originally Posted by DallasX View Post
I had my truck washed the other day and they Armor All'd my Duratracs. I was so pissed. Looks ridiculous!!
Hey now! Let's let AustieX share his feelings with everyone. After all, this is a safe space.
post #7 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:55 PM
Veteran
2007 Desert Stone Xterra S

Garage
*Even though I have a 2wd I'm always defending how capable 4wd X's are.
post #8 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 12:57 PM
2009 Xterra Off Road

I've only had the truck for a couple months, so I don't feel as bad, but:

* I've never been truely off roading (but then there aren't really many trails or any of the sort around SE Texas that I know of)

* Many times I see a mud puddle or loose dirt in a field, etc. and get excited to go out there and play...but usually am too scared of getting stuck (old factory tires and no recovery vehicle. Hopefully confidence will go up with new tires.)

* The first time I take it for a quick 1 minute off road excursion, just because I thougth it would be fun with a friend in the truck, I slide down into about a foot deep mud ditch full of water after a big rain and tires are spinning everywhere. I was getting super panicked. Put in N to shift to 4l and put on the locker...forgot to shift out of N and damn near had a heart attack when I revved the **** out of the engine and didn't go anywhere. (I eventually made it out after realizing what I did, though it took a little longer and made a much bigger mess than I was initially anticipating.)
x-men-terra likes this.
post #9 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 01:07 PM
2012 Pro 4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by klundquist View Post
- I'm on this site way more often than I should be

- I've spent more money and time on the Xterra than any other car or hobby

- "Mod money" some how is a different form of currency for me. For instance: "$50 to treat the leather on the living room sofa?! F that." vs. "$500 for Neoprene seat covers? That's a STEAL!"

- I can perform "mental hoops" when it comes to justifing Xtrerra purchases.... (But I NEED a Raingler net)
^ this is spot on haha

-if my boss knew how much time i spent on this site i would probably be in pretty deep sh*t

- money for the Xterra is somehow different than money for anything else ( i have actually opened up a separate account for it)

- this one definitely takes the cake for most expensive hobby/investment into my outdoor pursuits

- i fear i may have over done my X for its intended purpose but have 0 regrets and will just have to wheel it more often to make use of all the mods I have/will be putting on

- i watch 3 wheeling videos and wonder why people sound like they are freaked out but know that when it happens to me i will react the same way.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #10 of 710 (permalink) Old 06-29-2012, 01:39 PM
2011 Xterra HK-S

I have basically made a cool X for my wife to drive every day.

I'm scared to take the X out any more because I don't want to scratch a 2011 with 7500 miles on it.

I have been cheating on my Xterra for 4 months with my jeep.
( in my defense, parts are way cheaper. Just bought a stinger front bumper and a winch plate for $350 brand new )

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
[/FONT][/B]

Florida Xterra owners facebook page

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode