Line-X Liner Coating - rotflmao - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 4Likes
  • 1 Post By Allshookup
  • 1 Post By zach_attack
  • 1 Post By Billoftt
  • 1 Post By IssacHunter

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:34 AM Thread Starter
2011 Night Armor Xterra PRO-4X

Garage
Thumbs down Line-X Liner Coating - rotflmao

So I contacted a local Line-X retailer here in town to get a quote to have the factory front bumper, aftermarket rear bumper with rear tire swing out and the two side side steps coated. The quote below is if I remove the pieces and bring them in.

Line-X Premium with the UV fade protection.

Front bumper: $424
Rear bumper(including side steps): $424
Swing-out Tire Arm: $132

TOTAL: $980 + tax 8.25%($80.85) = $1,060.85

Are you kidding me!
YoukerJ likes this.

Get outdoors and have some fun!

Build Page:
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:49 AM
Dremel Operator
2007 Lightning Silver ❌terra Off Road 6MT

Garage
YoukerJ likes this.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

: 292
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 10:51 AM
2014 Lava Red Xterra S

Sent from my SM-J320P using Tapatalk
YoukerJ likes this.

post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:09 AM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Just buy a Raptor lining kit off of Amazon for around $100. Has 4 bottles and should be enough for both bumpers. It's what I'm going to do when I get my Hefty bumper as a few people here showed me theirs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TQIIPG...=3NK316O5R3VC9

You will need to borrow or rent an air compressor and what PSI you set it at determines the texture.
YoukerJ likes this.

Nissan Off-Roaders of the SouthEast (N.O.R.S.E.)
Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)

Last edited by IssacHunter; 05-18-2017 at 11:14 AM.
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:16 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

Garage
Good lord thats pricey. I just buy the spray on Rustoleum bed liner from Lowes. Its like 7-8$ a can. PREP is key! All you really need to do is sand the surface for the liner to stick to. I did my rear bumper and carrier and front bumper and haven't had any chipping in over a year. I think I did 3-4 coats too.

Specializing in Custom one of a kind motorcycles with men & women's clothing

@droogmoto-Instagram
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:19 AM Thread Starter
2011 Night Armor Xterra PRO-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by IssacHunter View Post
Just buy a Raptor lining kit off of Amazon for around $100. Has 4 bottles and should be enough for both bumpers. It's what I'm going to do when I get my Hefty bumper as a few people here showed me theirs.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003TQIIPG...=3NK316O5R3VC9

You will need to borrow or rent an air compressor and what PSI you set it at determines the texture.
I was just reading up on the U-Pol Raptor Lining. Looks like pretty good stuff. I have an air compressor, just need to get a new regulator. Looks like something I could do for a lot less.

Get outdoors and have some fun!

Build Page:
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 11:26 AM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Allshookup View Post
I was just reading up on the U-Pol Raptor Lining. Looks like pretty good stuff. I have an air compressor, just need to get a new regulator. Looks like something I could do for a lot less.
Yeah its pretty good stuff. Look up some videos on it as well. One I saw a guy set it to 70PSI I think and the outcome looked very similar to textured black powdercoat. UPOL also sells a tintable version as well so that you add the color you want to make it whatever custom bedliner color suits your fancy.

Nissan Off-Roaders of the SouthEast (N.O.R.S.E.)
Virginia Xterra Club (VAXC)
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:02 PM
Supporting Member
2006 Super Black Frontier LE

The rustoleum is excellent item and cheap. ive painted my bumper , tiregate etc with it. Its not as good as the raptor from what I heard. As an actual bed liner i dont recommend it though.
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-18-2017, 03:46 PM
Veteran
2005 Canteen Green Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by Allshookup View Post
USE A RESPIRATOR WITH SPECIFIC CARTRIDGE FILTERS!!

You add in hardener to the Raptor liner which is some of the worst stuff for your lungs to inhale, so go buy the proper cartridges and shave before using it so the mask seals tight.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 05-24-2017, 05:07 AM
2005 Xterra S

I did the Line X on my stock front and rear bumper for $400 without having to remove anything. The salesman was hooking me up. But it wasn't "Premium or UV protection"

It's been years, hasn't fade yet. Or at least I haven't notice any difference.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode