Value of Xterra, Now that they are Discontinued? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 13Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 12:44 PM Thread Starter
Noobie

Value of Xterra, Now that they are Discontinued?

Hi! I'm sure this has been hit on already.. but - Does KBB or reg car dealers take into effect when a model is sought after but discontinued? I have a sweet xterra that just isn't cutting the bill as a family vehicle. Sad to say after having two xterras that I'm ready to move a different direction.

Anyway, I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck as I move to a full size truck/crew cab. Any ideas?

Here's a link to my current X --> https://goo.gl/photos/53YQrpDxxc6awzMv7
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:00 PM
2011 Avalanche White Xterra Pro-4X

I can see a dealer lowballing the heck out of you on a trade because it is discontinued, meanwhile they will use the "its discontinued and becoming harder to find" card to their advantage when trying to sell it.

That being said, the few ads for Pro-4x's I've seen seem to indicate they are at least holding their value.
Brunnie, ScurvyX and Ranger275 like this.

★ 2011 Xterra Pro-4X ★ Avalanche
post #3 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:01 PM
2011 Avalanche White Xterra S - Tonka

Quote:
Originally Posted by andrew.c.urban View Post
Hi! I'm sure this has been hit on already.. but - Does KBB or reg car dealers take into effect when a model is sought after but discontinued? I have a sweet xterra that just isn't cutting the bill as a family vehicle. Sad to say after having two xterras that I'm ready to move a different direction.

Anyway, I'm looking to get the best bang for the buck as I move to a full size truck/crew cab. Any ideas?

Here's a link to my current X --> https://goo.gl/photos/53YQrpDxxc6awzMv7
Until it becomes a classic.... Nope, and even then it is a market driven thing.
Think about it... Yugos were discontinued a long time ago and their value hasn't gone up, unless another Yugo owner is looking for a parts car.

post #4 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:14 PM
2013 Xterra Pro-4X

FWIW, last fall I was at the dealership for service, and they were drooling over my X. They'd put on the rock sliders, rear bumper and shock-mount guards, so they knew something about the add-ons. At that point, I believe it had 17K miles or so, and it's in great shape. They offered me $20K as a trade-in. That wasn't rich enough for me to take the bait.

That said, I know that here in Colorado, used Xterras are in high demand (hence the drool). HPH
Brunnie likes this.
post #5 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:26 PM
Supporting Member
2013 Super Black ❌terra X w/Mods

Garage
What beebee said.
post #6 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:39 PM Thread Starter
Noobie

either play hardball or get a trailer!

Sounds like I should either play hardball with a dealer, put a for sale sign on it when I head to Crested Butte, or just get a trailer and drive'er till she dies!
post #7 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 01:44 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X

Looks like a great family vehicle based on your pics. You are really using it how it is intended to be used. What exactly is lacking with it?
Jyoung992 and Ranger275 like this.

Build Page -
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #8 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 03:17 PM
JNR
Veteran
2014 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

KBB is really only for banks to determine how much they will loan you and at what rate (100% finance is higher risk than 70%) and probably also insurance. Otherwise it's sort of a joke, as it has no market value built in, really.

Likewise, even if market value is much higher, dealers will bend you over still and if you do Private Party, potential buyers will try to pull the KBB says and/or run into the bank won't loan them the full amount, etc.

Generally speaking, it's a real PITA to sell something that is more than 5 to 10k, unless it truly is a classic (not talking just because it's x years old), or something is super high demand. Sadly, these newer X's don't fall under those criteria, although asking prices are up there now IMO...

Manuals with better (subjective to buyer) colors and higher trim levels will more than likely fetch more $ (demand, wants) in the real world, so ignore the dealer BS and naysayers who say the opposite.

I do forsee them holding value in the long run, but not appreciate in value like a Hummer, let's say, any time soon, if ever.

Last edited by JNR; 05-16-2017 at 03:22 PM.
post #9 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 03:20 PM Thread Starter
Noobie

Hate to say it, but
- Gas Mileage
- Room/space
- bed of a truck would be very handy (landscaping, short notice stuff that you just can't throw inside a vehicle.. rocks, mulch, garbage etc.)
- I can barely fit a bike inside for winter riding/those days I'd rather have the mtn bike protected than out on a rack.

We have a mini-van that does everything fine 99% of the time... those photos were not everyday activities living here in Minnesota!
AlbatrossCafe and Ranger275 like this.
post #10 of 29 (permalink) Old 05-16-2017, 08:39 PM
2014 Cayenne Red Xterra S

Garage
Local dealer has a '15 Pro4X listed at $30k.

I don't know that it is worth that much, or that it will even sell for that.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > General Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode