Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Flyfish3837 (Boyd) Memorial Trail Run / Donation Fund

12K views 37 replies 31 participants last post by  Mar10 
#1 · (Edited)
Members of A.X.E. (Alberta Xterra En·thu·si·asts) of which Boyd was the founding member, met today for a memorial trail run and to install a log bench in his memory at the 'top of the world' at Mclean Creek.
A bronze plaque has also been designed and ordered which we will permanently attach to the bench.
Anyone wishing to contribute towards the cost of this project is welcome to send a donation via paypal.
(k.frizzley@visions.ca)
If donations exceed the cost ($1300) we will make a contribution to the Children's Wish Foundation in Boyd's memory.

See less See more
#27 ·
Here is an update on the plaque (should be ready for install in a few weeks) and a message from Boyd's girlfriend:

"I want everyone here on the Xterra forum to know that all the kind words you have posted here on Boyd's memorial pages have been read and re-read many times by myself, Boyd's family and his close friends. We are all very thankful for your heartfelt condolences and kind words… they truly have provided comfort to us all.

The Xterra forum members' thoughtfulness to take the time to contribute to the memorial page Kfrizz set-up for Boyd, to memorialize Boyd very personally through the physical efforts and voluntary donations going towards the memorial bench and plaque, and everyone's regard for Boyd and his thoughtful, knowledgeable and supportive contributions to the Xterra forum and its members is a dear and truly authentic tribute to Boyd's life and character.

I myself will miss hanging out with him in his incredible man-cave/garage while I mix up an Amaretto and Pepsi for him (yup), watching and helping him with some of his maintenance and mods in his cigarette-smoke filled man cave (pumping those damn brakes a million times as he drained them of fluid), hearing about and contributing my thoughts on his future planned mods, paint work and new "blingy" wheels that he "unblinged" - for me, having him proudly show me "where all the mud got into" and showing off the latest mods almost each time he rolled up into my driveway, having him piss-off all my neighbours (to my joy) after having me encourage him to go ahead and save $40 at the car wash by washing off his muddy truck in my city driveway for two hours while the dirt ran past their curbs after we returned from a muddy A.X.E. run this past spring, and killing ourselves laughing as we 4x4'ed with the great guys and their gals of A.X.E. at McClean Creek and Waiparous, Alberta. The memories are so strong and so good. Some of his best days he told me were those days out with A.X.E.

An update on the bronze plaque to go with the bench we installed… it has been ordered and the wording will include… Remembered Always...You were an inspiration and a friend - Alberta Xterra Enthusiasts (A.X.E) and Your Xterra Brethren. We will post a picture of the plaque as soon as we receive it (in 4 or so weeks), after which we will make another memorial run up to Boyd's bench at Top of the World trail to install it.

Thanks for remembering and honouring Boyd in this way… I know he IS touched and grateful for the kindness and respect you have showed him and his loved ones. Daniela"

#28 ·
Thanks for he update and can't wait to see the plaque. This week I was reading some posts that Boyd had made on here and it was kind of strange, because on this site he seems to be still alive. As you read his posts, it's him saying these things and you got that old Hockey Mask looking at you. Mmmm really weird.......

#38 ·
I stumbled onto this searching through the forum for something.

You are still alive in here with us.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.