I did get washers for the "frame bolts" on bottom, have the bumper completely mounted up with L brackets now. Did hit them with some rattle can primer / paint on the bare steel, as even over night they had gotten some minor surface rust. Not sure what changed from Friday night to Saturday morning, but getting one of the L brackets back on was the biggest PIA ever. The holes didn't want to line up horizontally that time. Not sure what magically changed over night, maybe the bumper shifted some, who knows.. Ended up just hammering hammering and prying it over to at least get the bolts started and then pulled it all in to place with some muscle (also think i ended up rethreading the frame holes on the one that was off due to the slight angle the bolts went in at finally, oh well, they're never coming out again, if they do, it's nothing that can't be re-angled again pretty easily.). needless to say, it's not ever coming off..... By not coming off i mean the bolts are all torqued down good, and it felt pretty solid in general, but I don't want to have to ever deal with this again.
Will get more pics tomorrow and update the "cutting portion" section. based on the photos on the website, and what I had to trim, maybe they made a design change? Because I had to trim ALOT more than what they did in their photos. Current progress is bumper mounted, bumper cover is trimmed (for the most part pending any small adjustments for the winch that might need to be trimmed), winch and lead are mounted and cables are run up to the battery.
All thats left is clock the winch (hopefully it will work and line up because I REALLY do not feel like relocating the solenoid or messing with this too much more anymore), and then make the bumper cover "look pretty". some of the cuts are a little rough.
One other thing I noticed when mounting the winch, that I will ahve to update one of the above posts on, the holes for the lead and the winch and junk are SO damn wide and big, I ended up having to go get 6 washers for those things (2 lead, 4 winch), not a big deal it was $.98 cents for the 6 washers, but it's just something else I had to go to the Lowes and get and deal with. 1, I should've noticed and known, but 2. making MENTION of these things on the product page would be FANTASTIC..... it's not so much I had to get them, it's that i had to drive across town with my bumper cover off (DD Golf is getting the timing belt / service done) and look like "that guy".
Literally, the time it's taken me on this, I could've done a Z turbo swap or something. hoping @Joshintexas
does a solid PRG review for the community just so we have some comparison on our 2 present options.