Review: Raingler Nets - THIS Is How You Do Business - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Review: Raingler Nets - THIS Is How You Do Business

Been meaning to do this for a while now, and finally getting around to it. I thought I'd take a few minutes and do a small review / write up on my experience with Raingler Nets and having a custom order made.

I'd been wanting something to use to cover, contain, and hold down items placed on my roof rack for a while now. I'd tried regular ratchet straps, along with some of those cheap, bungee style nets from Harbor Freight a few times, but still wasn't comfortable with how they held items.

I'd borrowed a smaller Raingler roof rack net a couple times from Surf and Snow and liked it's toughness, quality, and easy of use. The only "complaint" I had was that I wished it were larger, and covered my entire roof rack. This is when I decided I'd try contacting Raingler about having a custom net made.

I first contacted Eddie from Raingler on his vendor page, then via email and phone. I told him what I had in mind, and send him a couple pics of my rack, as well as a sketch so that he could get an idea of what I was thinking.

He said it sounded like a great project, and he was excited to start on it. After placing a small down payment to secure a spot in line, I received a sketch a couple days later.

Looking at the sketch, this was pretty much exactly what I had in mind. The only change I'd requested was an additional adjustment strap added to the middle of both the front and back end of the net. Eddie said that it would cost slightly extra, but that it would be no problem. Satisfied, I sent the rest of the payment. The next day, I got an email from Raingler saying there had been a slight redesign. Eddie decided to make it a few inches wider, and added an additional row of webbing. This would allow for more coverage, as well as a bit more symmetry to the overall net itself. This was done at no extra cost, so of course I was on board. He also threw in a couple additional separate adjustment straps for free. Score! The next day I received a couple pics of the completed net, as well as a tracking number for shipment. (As you can see, I opted for the Mil Spec OD green option for a small additional fee when ordering, since all the Raingler nets I'd seen up until that point had been black, so I thought, what the hell, why not be different. Also wanted the extra strength and coated hardware.)

A couple days later it arrived on my doorstep. Like a kid on Christmas morning, I couldn't wait to tear into the box. After opening everything up and laying it out on the floor to inspect it, I was VERY impressed! I COULD NOT have been any happier with how it turned out. It looked awesome, the quality was impeccable, and man, was it beefy! This net was built like a tank! Like the title of this thread states, THIS is how you do business. The total time from idea in my head, contact with Raingler, construction of the net, and arrival on my doorstep was 11 days. 11 Days! I realize I may have gotten lucky and ordered during a slow time in production, but an 11 day turn around on a custom ordered piece, especially one of this quality was amazing.

Moving on, here are a couple pictures of my net, by itself, and next to a standard Raingler rooftop net, just to give you an idea of size, and standard vs mil spec.

This was the first test fit on my empty rack. Fit like a glove!

And lastly, here are a couple pics from the first time I was able to try it out while camping with stuff on the rack. Was able to fit a giant footlocker, a couple action packers, 2 chairs, and a tent with room to spare. Each item was locked in place, and rock solid. I didn't have to worry about and shifting or things flying off while driving down the highway or bouncing around on trails.

If you've made it this far, I hope you got a chance to read start to finish. I've got to say that this was one of the smoothest, easiest, and most stress free orders of any kind I've experienced since owning the X. Eddie and the folks at Raingler could not have been any more helpful or informative. The customer service from start to finish was top notch, and I would recommend Rainger to ANYONE in the future!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:14 PM
Supporting Member
05/6 ❌terra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

My Bonnet net went the same way.
Yup!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:36 PM
Veteran
2012 Lava Red Xterra S

Net looks really good!

Good on Raingler for the awesome product and customer service.

Steve - KK60FL -

"I never post in welcome threads either - No one is welcome until I meet them and they are not a douche" - meental, ©2016

post #4 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:47 PM
Truth Dropper
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Expedition Style

11 days from idea in head for a custom order, to being on your doorstep; unreal! Props to Raingler. This thing looks awesome in person! Mine is the little black one next to it in the pics. I'm a bit jealous. Haha

post #5 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:51 PM
Veteran
2009 Xterra Off Road

Looks like a great product!

post #6 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-14-2015, 11:56 PM
Veteran
2015 Silver Pro-4X 6MT 2007 White S 5AT 4x4

Garage
That's awesome!!

- J.J. Watt
"Attitude. There is no substitute." - Mike Rowe

and
post #7 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 01:14 AM
Veteran
2015 Glacier White Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Garage
Looks good man, I have been debating something like that for the gobi. Have a medium containment net that works for everything I have needed so far, but a full piece net would be killer.

Snow, your little black net, that is the medium containment net, correct? If so, zillas net is a monster!

Click Here for >

Zball94- Plastic dip. It sucks how little rocks on the road rip it right off, but it clings like a butt nugget when you try to remove it purposely.
post #8 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 01:52 AM
Truth Dropper
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Expedition Style

Quote:
Originally Posted by spoolup View Post
Looks good man, I have been debating something like that for the gobi. Have a medium containment net that works for everything I have needed so far, but a full piece net would be killer.

Snow, your little black net, that is the medium containment net, correct? If so, zillas net is a monster!
Yes. Mine is the standard MCN.

post #9 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-15-2015, 02:54 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra X

Quote:
Originally Posted by Surf and Snow View Post
11 days from idea in head for a custom order, to being on your doorstep; unreal! Props to Raingler. This thing looks awesome in person! Mine is the little black one next to it in the pics. I'm a bit jealous. Haha
Having size issues again Surf? First tires and now nets?

post #10 of 23 (permalink) Old 08-17-2015, 11:59 AM
AutoGuide Supporting Vendor
2014 Xterra PRO-4X Raingler Edition

Lol@Beavertonite TravZilla, thanks for the feedback, made my Monday!

Making more places to store more stuff in your Xterra!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode