Review: BlackBox Dashcam 1080P - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 06:05 PM
Veteran

How's the sound quality of the recordings when you output it to the TV? Bearable or tinny sounding?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 07:56 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra X

Sounds pretty good when I watched them on my computer today, little surprised by the lack of engine noise in some climbs. Here's a low-res vid uploaded to photobucket (which has some new type of popup on its website now which constantly freezes the page)

Long Tall Sally, She Built Sweet, She Got Everything, That Uncle John Need.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #13 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 07:58 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

real crappy quality after the upload, ill try to get the high res version of a couple of these up in a couple days

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #14 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-09-2015, 08:02 PM
2005 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Rock View Post
I've got a ton of footage from Rausch this weekend,when I have the time at work Im going to try to upload a couple high res videos to vimeo or something and share.

Does youtube limit what res you can upload to?
No, it'll support up to 4K. It will complain if your videos are too long (>30 minutes). The quality beats the pants off the photobucket videos you've shared though.

My build thread >

KK1TTG
post #15 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-11-2015, 10:12 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

OK, I've uploaded two to YouTube, better quality, I'll try to get some more up tomorrow
http://api.viglink.com/api/click?for...ure%3Dyoutu.be

post #16 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 01:12 AM
2005 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
The YouTube videos look great. That dashcam puts out decent video.

My build thread >

KK1TTG
post #17 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:14 AM
Banned

Looks like it's kind of big sticking to the dash. Is it very noticeable from the outside?

Be cool to wire it up to the ignition so it's always on with the engine.
post #18 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 02:14 AM
2015 Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

Nice video! That is going on my wish list.
post #19 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-12-2015, 07:32 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

The camera is about the size of a pack of trident, it sticks on the inside of the windshield via suction cup, never gets covered in mud/water. You can plug it in directly or run it off a charge.

post #20 of 86 (permalink) Old 03-13-2015, 08:44 AM
Veteran
2007 Night Armor Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by D'Rock View Post

It records 1080P video and has 32 GBs of storage. I took a couple 15 minute videos, which added up to ~280 MBs. That comes out to around 5 hours of recording time total.

Where did you arrive at the 5 hours of recording answer? If a "couple" 15 minute videos totaled out at 280MBs, you have a whole lot more than 5 hours of recording before it records over itself. You should be somewhere in the vicinity of 60 hours of non stop recording. (About 57.1 hours actually but that won't be exact)

That is simply assuming though that by a couple 15 minute videos you mean two and that they totaled out around 280MB. That's 30 mins of recording. So, based on your results, a full hour of recording should be roughly 560MB. 32,000/560=57.1 again, that would basically be a guesstimate, but the point is, you have waaaaaaay more storage than 5 hours of recording.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Product Reviews

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode