Aftermarket Wheel Balancing Issues - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 01:28 PM Thread Starter
2010 Night Armor Xterra Off-Road

Aftermarket Wheel Balancing Issues

I recently put a set of aftermarket wheels on my truck in December. They are Vision Assassins that I got from DTD. I have had all kinds of issues since putting them on. Basically anything from bad vibration to a near death wobble at anything over 60 mph, even after having one wheel replaced. I finally just had them road force balanced at the dealership and they are better, but there is still a significant vibration at about 70 mph. They are also telling me that another one of the wheels is bad and needs to be replaced.

I'm seriously considering returning all the wheels and going with the Pro Comp 7089s (I know I will need to do some trimming with 285s). However, I don't want to go through all that hassle and still have issues. Is this just to be expected with aftermarket wheels? I know many members run the Pro Comps and I haven't read any complaints, but I'm still concerned. Thoughts?

Also, I had no issues after installing my lift and driving on the stock OR wheels for a month. The problems did not start until changing wheels.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 02:02 PM

If you're asking if the 7089's will give you problems, I'd say mostly likely not. Not sure what's going on with you wheels, but they sound terrible. I don't know anything about Vision wheels, but I imagine they are a pretty cheaply made wheel.

The pro comps are great wheels, and I have yet to hear anything negative about them. If you switch wheels and still have problems, obviously you have another issue.

I say ditch the Visions and go with the Pro Comps, just be prepared to do some minor trimming to make them fit with 285's.
post #3 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 04:18 PM
2006 Knight Armour Xterra Off Road

I've never heard of Vision wheels before but I'd definitely get rid of those wheels and return them if you can. Probably an issue with the casting/manufacturing process on those.

That said, I've had 2 sets of Pro Comps on my Jeep and a set of XD Series on my X and haven't had any issues with balancing or vibrations.

post #4 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 07:22 PM Thread Starter

Thanks guys. I'm pretty sure I'm going to go with the Pro Comps. I already have the return shipping labels for the Visions from DTD and 4WheelParts has a pretty good deal on the Pro Comps at $98 per wheel. I'm guessing it doesn't matter, but would you advise purchasing from their website or from their Ebay store?
post #5 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-19-2017, 09:45 PM
2006 Knight Armour Xterra Off Road

From 4WP? I've only ever ordered from their site or called in but that's cause I'm in Canada and it's free shipping when I just ship parts to the store here.
post #6 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 08:42 AM Thread Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xpresso View Post
From 4WP? I've only ever ordered from their site or called in but that's cause I'm in Canada and it's free shipping when I just ship parts to the store here.
Yep. I called last night to verify that it would be the same price and shipping if ordering from their site or their Ebay store and they told me that the order would be processed exactly the same. $98.59 per wheel and free shipping, at least here in the US. Most likely pulling the trigger tonight.
post #7 of 7 (permalink) Old 04-20-2017, 12:21 PM

$99/each with free shipping - that's a steal. Not gonna find a better deal...

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Brakes, Tires and Wheels

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode