Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

FrankB

8K views 18 replies 11 participants last post by  Mark 
#1 · (Edited by Moderator)
Intro Comments: My intention in buying the X was to have a vehicle I could use for exploring and for long road trips (thus no real need for large lift or bigger tires). I was not originally planning to do some of the rougher trails that I've been on, but they have been fun (and a good learning experience).

Username: FrankB

Make: Nissan
Year: 2005
Model: Xterra
Trim: S 4x4
Color: Super Black

MODS

Total Chaos UCAs, Radflo Coilovers, Deaver Mini-Pack
Shrockworks Sliders & Skids
Die Hard Platinum AGM Battery
Yakima Load Warrior (with Shovel & High Lift mounts)
Extra factory rack crossbar (thanks Oz)
Weather Tech In-Channel Vent Shades
Really cool Red LED replacement interior lights (thanks PacificaX)
BFG AT/KO Tires 265/75R16
Factory OR model Bilstein shocks (thanks Sturndog)
Rear Diff Breather Extension
Alpine Head Unit w/iPod connector
Accessories & Gear:
Nissan Rubber Floor Mats
Raingler Ceiling Net
Raingler Interior Cargo Net
Shovels & Axes
High Lift Jack
Cobra 75 WX installed under center console
Firestick NGP Antenna on Load Warrrior
Garmin 60CSx mounted to center of dash
400W inverter
Assorted Camping / Survival Gear & Tools on board all the time

PHOTOS

Stock except for Weather Tech vent shades, and less than 1,500 miles on the odometer. My first trip with SCCX in Feb 2006.

Mid-way through a long road trip in 2007.

Action Packer boxes work well.

See less See more
#3 ·
Nice rig Frank. I also like those Raingler nets. I think it was you that told me about a certain sized cooler that fits in between the drivers seat and the rear seats that acts as a bed extender when the rear seat bottoms are removed. Are those action packers the ones that fit? If not which ones are you using for that. I need to pick me up some. See ya round.

#5 ·
gotcha! in the above pic, the boxes look a little big to stuff in that space but i guess they do. im gonna hit my local wally-mart today for those. do you have the dimensions by any chance? i just hate going back and forth looking for the right one.

#6 ·
I don't have dimensions handy, but it's the only size I've seen at my local Wal-Mart. It is not all that big, and I think the price is under $20 (maybe closer to $15). The bigger ones at REI, for example, are taller. You want the short one, or it won't be the same height as the folded down floor.

#7 ·
FrankB said:
I don't have dimensions handy, but it's the only size I've seen at my local Wal-Mart. It is not all that big, and I think the price is under $20 (maybe closer to $15). The bigger ones at REI, for example, are taller. You want the short one, or it won't be the same height as the folded down floor.
I might be wrong, but I'm pretty sure those are the 8-gallon boxes.

#12 ·
mtdewmike said:
trevluk said:
where does one buy those Raingler interior cargo nets? Those are sweet!
Cargo Net
I bought both of mine direct from Raingler. Looks like they have a new site now, but they do show all of the products, unlike some other places that only carry some.

#17 ·
Ultimate said:
Nice X, and very nice packing. Looks like u chose the fastest color :-D
Actually I wanted the (slightly faster) yellow, but could not find one in 4WD with side airbags anywhere nearby. Because I insisted on the side airbags, 4WD and AT, my choices were a white OR, a black OR or the black S that I bought. At the time I had no idea that an e-locker would be a nice thing to have, all I noticed was that they wanted $2K more for a fancy stereo I would not be able to discern the difference in from a plain one.

Now (too late) I know better about the e-locker, but the S has served me well, and I've never needed the locker. You can do a lot with left foot on brake right foot on gas in a pinch.

#18 ·
miles said:
so does that net hook into the existing head liner hooks?
It uses the 4 existing hooks in the ceiling and the grab handles over the rear doors.

The Raingler ceiling net is great, mine is permanently stocked with spare clothes, emergency bedding, etc. Stuff that I don't get at often but like to have in the X at all times. It's out of the way, and does not get in the way when sleeping in the back. A lot easier on the head than one of those Lobo shelves too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.