SlightlyWicked's Off-Road Trailer - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 7Likes
  • 7 Post By slightlywicked76

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:11 PM Thread Starter
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

SlightlyWicked's Off-Road Trailer

Well it started back in January when I found a M100 for sale locally, asking price was way high but after I looked at it and told the owner what he actually had, and the price came down.

I had many holes in the body and the axle was broken, but the good news was that the frame and the tub were in pretty good condition corrosion wise.

So, I loaded it up on another trailer and drug it home. Work began on stripping the tub and sandblasting the frame of which had seven layers of paint on it in some spots. I welded in the unnecessary holes in the tub, added a longer tongue, added a rear receiver, added a tongue box (will be used for aux power eventually), went with wider fenders, a new 3500b axle, wheel adapters to get the X's rims to fit (must be the most expensive trailer tires and rims ever!) and fitted a set of LED taillights and reverse lights (and I am sure I forgot something). I am new to welding so don't judge!

Tub

Adapters

Tongue is long enough to still open the swing arm on the bumper.

Rear receiver and one set of LEDs hooked up.

Hooked-Up

I still have work to do as I am building a lid to support a RTT and am really thinking of cutting up the back to build a tailgate. Once that is done the interior will be rhino lined (or something like it).

Enjoy! There will be more to come...

2012 Xterra Pro-4X
Locked, Armored & Bumpered
PRG UCAs & Radflos
ALCAN Rear Springs w/U-bolt Flip Kit & ARB Diff Cover
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:59 PM
Supporting Member
05/6 ❌terra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

Nice...!!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #3 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 12:14 AM
Truth Dropper
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Looks much better than it started. Nice work! smart move on the tongue. I hate always having to back my trailer up at an angle to get my tire swing open.

post #4 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 10:05 AM
Supporting Member
2008 Red Brawn ❌terra

Nice!
Where did you get the adapters? I have a M416 I am going to start working on this summmer and want to use the same bolt pattern as my X.
post #5 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-19-2017, 08:04 PM Thread Starter
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

Ordered the adapters from US Wheel Adapters. It was a custom order at the following specs:

6x5.5 with 1/2 Bolts to a 6x4.5 with 9/16 fine thread studs. They are 1.5 inches wide (I ordered my axle a little narrower to make up for the extra width with the adapters). The inner hole is 2.75 which is the size of the base if the hub (it narrows toward the ends) and there was a casting lip on the hub that I had to have him shave 1/8" deep for 1/4" around the inner holes.

Doug at US Wheel Adapters was very helpful...but they are not cheap. I think after shipping they were near $200 for the pair.

2012 Xterra Pro-4X
PRG UCAs & Radflos
post #6 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:37 AM Thread Starter
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

Probably should give the website and number

http://www.uswheeladapters.com

1-877-823-2787

2012 Xterra Pro-4X
PRG UCAs & Radflos
post #7 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 11:45 AM
West North Central Regional Moderator
2006 Solar Yellow - ew3 Xterra S

wow, VERY nice. good job fixing it up. What are your future plans for it?

Click
to Ride the Short Bus - XBL: Tom Brunansky
Quote:
Originally Posted by equinox764 View Post
i love how at the GPAX mod days our rigs (speaking about ROOK) were equal sliders, spacers aal, fangars light bars, pio dvd headunits, etc... now your truck has just launched into space and my truck is at a drive up bank trying to order a hotdog because he cannot read.
post #8 of 8 (permalink) Old 03-21-2017, 12:01 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Came a long way. Looks great!

>

> Xterra Achievement Points: 472 pts

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode