swampus PRO4X Technoviking - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 15Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 10:30 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2013 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

swampus PRO4X Technoviking

Intro Comments: Hey all, got my Xterra a couple years ago, and just got into this forum a little while back. So I"m late to the party. But I've done a lot to it already, and just wanted to catch up as I'm starting to really get into some serious mods.

Username: swampus

Make: Nissan
Year: 2013
Model: Xterra
Trim: Pro-4X
Color: Glacier White

MODS:
  • Shrockworks front, rear bumper, rock sliders and full skid set
  • Toyo MT open country 33" tires
  • airflow snorkel
  • dephep drop in rack
  • smittybilt 9100 xrc winch, mounted inside the front bumper.
  • Winch wired inside the cab into overhead map console
  • bottle opener mounted to rear bumper
  • 22" aurora LED bar mounted to front bumper, controlled with stock switch
  • 40" LED light bar to replace stock off road lights
  • 8' ARB touring awning, put LED strip inside
  • Titan Swap Kit, 2.5" coilovers
  • Rear Shocks, Radflo 4"
  • Rear Poly Bumpstops
  • Alcan Leaf Springs
  • R180_Nisstec_CVs
  • Gas siphon pump so I don't have to take the cans off to fill back up
  • Rear passenger ladder
  • internal raingler net
  • rear LED lights mounted in the dep rack
  • rock lights

MODS IN PROGRESS:
  • Custom sunglasses holder drop down panel with touch screen light controls, inclinator and altimeter
  • Turbo.. maybe..... I hate gas mileage

Comments: So I've done a lot already, but I've got so much more in the works, I feel like my co-workers are getting sick of hearing it, so y'all will love it I hope. Looking forward to advice, feeback, and maybe even be able to share some of my knowledge here and there. In the next few days I'm going to get a post together about the mods/additions I have in progress, can't wait to hear what you think!

PHOTOS

Comments:
First pic in this thread, this is the day I bought my X. Drove it off the lot, and right into Death Valley to take it for a spin. Along the way the sun was setting and I had just enough time to get off the road and stop at Trona Pinnacles, so here I was, not even 24 hours off the lot.

I don't have any good pics of it with all the latest mods, but I can put this up as a placeholder for now. I'll try to get a good one up here soon, working a lot right now, so it's hard to get out of town onto the trail at the moment.

Untitled by zach mandt, on Flickr
bluez likes this.

Last edited by Old Navy; 12-17-2016 at 08:13 AM. Reason: Tweaked
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 10:45 PM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
Nice lookin' rig!
swampus likes this.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

> Xterra Achievement Points: 472 pts
post #3 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-14-2015, 11:47 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

Thanks man! DIgging your rig too!

Since I already have some stuff up posted that I've been working on, here's some of the sub-projects I've got cooking for my X. First and nearest to completion is my L-bracket rotopax mounts for my roof rack. Rotopax makes an L-bracket, and it only supports the 1 gallon jugs, so I have four 2 gallons, and I searched forever and couldn't find anything online to fit 2 stacked 2 gallons. so I came up with this draft:

Just to give a better idea of how this will work, it puts the two cans, stacked and laying the long way, and gets them up on their sides and out of the way Untitled by zach mandt, on Flickr

Next up, and this is a little more of a long term project, is I'm working on drafting up an instrument panel that will utilize the drop down area of the overhead center console. The idea is to keep the functionality of the drop down sunglasses pocket, but turn it into an instrument panel, with a touchscreen to control offroad lights, winch, etc, and also a readout screen with digital inclinator, gps, altimiter, heading, and pictures of cats from the internet or something. Here's a couple pics and vids of the progress on that front:

This is currently where I have my carling switch for my winch, and at one point I was thinking of putting the touch screen here, but then I had the wild idea of putting it in the sunglasses pocket instead.

Working and calibrated barometric pressure sensor.

And the hard part.... this is gonna take me a while. I've got some stuff on the way in the mail, but I want to set up an inclinometer with a digital model of my truck, and have it show in real time, my angle of attack, and have it turn green/orange/red according to how close I am to testing my roof tires. The video here does a lot more justice than the below pic, so be sure to check it out for full effect. I am using a six axis sensor here and reading out the raw data, but I have plans for a much better setup with all the noise cleaned up out of the reading to get rid of the jitter. CLICK FOR VIDEO

That's it for now, I've got some other stuff cooking, but nothing that I have pics of or even could take pics of at this point.
Atlas_X, RikRong and VMBiohazard like this.

Last edited by swampus; 12-15-2015 at 01:32 AM.

post #4 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 12:20 AM
2014 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X

An inclinometer rendered via a digital model of the X? You've got no idea the Pandora's box you just opened. Now everyone on this forum is going to hound you, incessantly, until it happens.

Looks like you've got some great plans for this thing, man.
chaunce99 and VMBiohazard like this.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #5 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 09:41 AM
Veteran
2015 Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
That is some cool stuff! Agreed with above. Everyone is going to want it. Including myself. Just to get it on the dash screen somehow. Hmmm...

post #6 of 21 (permalink) Old 12-15-2015, 11:01 AM
2010 Xterra Off-Road

Garage
Yes please...

"That's What" -She
post #7 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-17-2016, 10:56 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member

So I've been sniffing around and reading others threads about how they've upgraded coilovers to accommodate extra weight from armor and racks and what not. I was thinking of pulling the trigger on these 650 coils. Does anyone on here have any wisdom or experience they'd be willing to impart on why this is or isn't a good call due to brand, or price, or anything?

PRG Products
Was gonna pull the trigger by the end of the month here most likely. Thanks!

post #8 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 12:25 AM
2012 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by swampus View Post
So I've been sniffing around and reading others threads about how they've upgraded coilovers to accommodate extra weight from armor and racks and what not. I was thinking of pulling the trigger on these 650 coils. Does anyone on here have any wisdom or experience they'd be willing to impart on why this is or isn't a good call due to brand, or price, or anything?

PRG Products
Was gonna pull the trigger by the end of the month here most likely. Thanks!
I don't have anything to offer as far as knowledge on the topic, but I recommend starting a thread in another subforum to get more responses. Hope you find the answer you need!
swampus likes this.
post #9 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 12:37 AM
2015 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
All I can offer is feedback on 600lbs springs. They're stiff but I love the ride. I think 650 would be doable, but maybe a little too much with no armor.
I find the truck does NOT like washboard roads, or rumble strips lol.
swampus likes this.

>
post #10 of 21 (permalink) Old 01-19-2016, 12:12 PM
2014 Metallic Blue Xterra S

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by jhberria View Post
An inclinometer rendered via a digital model of the X? You've got no idea the Pandora's box you just opened. Now everyone on this forum is going to hound you, incessantly, until it happens.

Looks like you've got some great plans for this thing, man.

looks great so far!
chaunce99 and swampus like this.

Calvin: Iím a genius, but Iím a misunderstood genius.
Hobbes: Whatís misunderstood about you?
Calvin: Nobody thinks Iím a genius.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode