SyndicateX Build Thread Updated - Project Flexterra 2.0 - Page 2 - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #11 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:06 PM
Supporting Member
05/6 ❌terra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

amazing rig.
any write up on the wiring to get all the lights to go out?

or did you talk with creek?

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #12 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 12:08 PM
Veteran
2005 Black-n-Silver Xterra S

Its GrandpaX you want to talk to.

post #13 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 01:21 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2011 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-X4

Quote:
Originally Posted by chrishaynesusa View Post
amazing rig.
any write up on the wiring to get all the lights to go out?

or did you talk with creek?
Cut Xterra ABS wire at the connector, and same with the Jeep JK ABS sensor at the connector. Add 8" of wire per negative and positive wire. And it turns back into plug and play. So all I have is a JK ABS Sensor with an Xterra ABS connector. The ABS tone ring is 1 tooth difference. The reason why I couldn't just use the Xterra ABS sensor was that it's about 1/8th inch too tall and doesn't have a taper to it so I couldn't get it to slide into the JK wheel hub. And it is mounted with the same single allen head bolt. This swap was fairly straight forward. The Xterra and Jeep brake caliper bracket mounting bolts are the same. Found that out because my axle didn't come with the mounting bolts, so we snagged my Xterra mounting caliper bolts. I didn't have to change my brake lines, they mounted to the JK caliper just fine. The JK frame at the front is 6"s narrower. I went after clean and easy swap. With using the JK axle, and just modifying the ABS wire, you shouldn't alarm anything else to cause dash lights to come on. Still using the factory transfer case.

Nope, didn't talk to anyone. But I did do a lot of researching, Penski, OregonX, and Creek's build threads were helpful on what and how I was going to do this swap. On Creek's build thread, it sounded like the xterra abs sensor plugs right into the JK wheel hub. But wasn't the case in mine, I have precision hubs and I don't know if that changed the factor or the year of my Xterra.

Titan Swap-REMOVED, 6" Fabtech Frontier Lift-REMOVED, Spring Over Axle, 4.56 Gears, 37/13.50R17 Toyo MT's. Check, Check.
SAS FINISHED>>>

Last edited by SyndicateX; 06-12-2014 at 01:29 PM.

post #14 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 01:49 PM
Supporting Member
05/6 ❌terra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

well done!!!

post #15 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 01:53 PM
Truth Dropper
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by SyndicateX View Post
I spliced and extended the wires about 8"s to compensate for the flex. No dash lights. Everything is fully functional without having to any other modifications to wiring or sensors. Everything works just as a stock Xterra. ..... No codes.
Awesome! Nice work!

post #16 of 41 (permalink) Old 06-12-2014, 02:15 PM
Veteran
2007 Super Black Xterra X 6MT

wow that's badass!! every time I see a sweet SASed gen 2 I have to talk myself out doing it to my rig lol!

post #17 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 09:51 PM Thread Starter
Supporting Member
2011 Night Armor ❌terra Pro-X4

37's are on.

Titan Swap-REMOVED, 6" Fabtech Frontier Lift-REMOVED, Spring Over Axle, 4.56 Gears, 37/13.50R17 Toyo MT's. Check, Check.
SAS FINISHED>>>
post #18 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-24-2015, 09:59 PM
Truth Dropper
2005 Night Armor ❌terra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

Quote:
37's are on.
Damn man! Thing is looking great!

post #19 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 10:43 AM
Veteran
2011 Stormtrooper White Claw X

Garage
Looking good with the dirty-sevens!!!

Wonder what I'm up to, Instagram check it: T_S_P_4
post #20 of 41 (permalink) Old 03-25-2015, 10:54 AM
TNX Community Support Vendor
2007 Xterra, The Silverback: V8 SAS'd 1 Tons

Just found your build page! Loving it.

Quote:
Everything works just as a stock Xterra. I do need to do the VDC bypass because of body roll when going a little fast around onramps and turns which kicks on the slip light. I have to push the VDC button before I start driving. No codes.
What is your VDC bypass plan hopefully slicker than mine? I have the same issue around turns and such. To disable the VDC without having to hit the button each time I have my steering wheel mounted off center which disables the VDC. The negative is my steering wheel is off center which looks funny but I'm getting use to it and I have the VDC and Slip light on the dash.

The lowest prices on LED lights, Xterra Light Bar Roof Mounts, Winches, Trasharoos, Light Bar Silencers, Magnetic Koozies and more!

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Member's Xterra

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode