Who from the Pacific Region Plans to Attend goneMOAB 2017? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 20Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-01-2016, 11:49 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator
2005 Red Brawn ❌terra Off Road

Garage
Question Who from the Pacific Region Plans to Attend goneMOAB 2017?

The 16th annual GoneMOAB is scheduled for May 21-26, 2017.

The trail list for 2017 has just been posted on Facebook, and registration begins December 15th. People are already making plans so I thought it appropriate to find out who from California (both North and South), Oregon and Washington plans to attend this year.

Consider this thread a clearinghouse to exchange participant information and coordinate trail selections, accommodations and travel plans.

Will you attend?

What trails do you plan to run (and on which day)?
Trail Schedule: https://www.scribd.com/document/3328...b2017-Schedule

Have you made reservations for a place to stay? Where? If one of the condos, do you have room for other NewXers?

Are you interested in participating in a convoy/caravan to and/or from Moab?

I'll start:

I plan to attend this year, but haven't made reservations anyplace yet. I'm looking for space in one of the condos. As for trails, the only ones I am certain about now are the mid-week overland overnight and Fins and Things on Friday. I prefer to convoy with other rigs if I can, and can meet other participants in or near Reno and travel together from there.

Last edited by Mr. Bills; 12-02-2016 at 12:10 AM. Reason: Added Link to Trail Schedule (as of 11/30/16)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 12:17 AM
Supporting Member
2013 Glacier White ❌terra Pro-4X

I'm hoping to make it out, went last year and it was amazing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 12:23 AM
Cap'n Slow
2015 Metallic Blue ❌terra Pro-4X

I plan on attending. I already have a spot in a condo, but I think I think it's full. Not sure about the trail list yet, I need to find some time to sit down and figure it out. Yes, I'd love to convoy out of SoCal.

Sent from my XT1575 using Tapatalk
BCBrian likes this.

R. Long
Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

SoCal Club Xterra >

post #4 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 04:38 AM
Veteran
2005 Polar Bear White Xterra SE

Was hoping to make it again next year. However, dates fall on NY/South America trip. 2018!?! We'll see...

post #5 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 10:57 AM
Supporting Member
2013 Super Black ❌terra X w/Mods

Garage
Debbie and I will be taking ScurvyX, first time attending. (2016 didn't count as I was in my mom's Subaru Crosstrek, just passing through...)

Don't know what trails. Again, first time, so looking forward to some conversations with veterans.

No reservations at this point. Have a RTT, but thinking don't want it on the rig for GONE; will find some accommodations.

Would love to convoy with a PWN group (I'm out of Tacoma, WA.)

VERY excited about gettin' my Gone-cherry popped this year. Have spent a lot of time and $ getting the rig ready! And looking forward to meeting you, @Mr. Bills, as well as others from the forum.

post #6 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-02-2016, 06:08 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
12/2/16 -

I just booked a room at a motel in Moab to be sure I have a place, but am still looking for accommodations in one of the condos with like minded middle-aged individuals. The motel reservation can always be cancelled or turned over to someone else.

I was surprised by how many places were already booked up for the week or that wouldn't accept a reservation for checkout on Saturday May 27, the day after goneMOAB ends, until I remembered that the end of goneMOAB coincides with the beginning of Memorial Day Weekend. Taking reservations with a Saturday checkout would make it difficult to book the room for the rest of the holiday weekend.
post #7 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-04-2016, 01:11 PM
2015 Brilliant Silver Xterra Pro-4X

I am going to be there and have reserved a condo with several friends. There is no room left in our unit.

Here is my trail list as of now:

Monday
Poison Spider Mesa
Tuesday
7 Mile Rim
Wednesday
Metal Masher
Thursday
Bartlett Overlook
Friday
Top Of The World

I plan on stopping in Las Vegas on the way out there and possibly on the way back, so the caravan is out for me.
RikRong likes this.

Click here for >
post #8 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 04:38 PM
Veteran
2005 Super Black Xterra S

I will be representing NorCal, pending my time off request...
BCBrian, RikRong and jvr like this.

>

Who needs a hyperlink
post #9 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 05:38 PM
Supporting Member
2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCBrian View Post
Poison Spider Mesa
Metal Masher

When trails are "red", how difficult are they really? What kind of mods are required to make it through?

I am interested but don't really want to get any trail damage. I don't mind scratches from branches & whatever here in the PNW but rocks crushing my body panels are another story...

I wouldn't mind going and running some easy trails and watching some of the more difficult ones, I think.

Build Page -
post #10 of 43 (permalink) Old 12-09-2016, 07:06 PM Thread Starter
Super Moderator

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
When trails are "red", how difficult are they really? What kind of mods are required to make it through?

I am interested but don't really want to get any trail damage. . . . I wouldn't mind going and running some easy trails and watching some of the more difficult ones. . . .
The most commonly used trail difficulty ratings for Moab are published by the Red Rock 4-Wheelers. Here are two links, one to the trail rating system and the other to the ratings for various trails:

Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc. -

Red Rock 4-Wheelers, Inc. -

This link to goneMOAB.com correlates the various Red Rock 4-Wheeler trail ratings to the Green, Blue, Red and Black designations used by goneMOAB and lists the minimum equipment requirements for Xterras for each color level:

Trail Ratings ? GONEMOAB

[My personal opinion is that anyone taking an Xterra over a Red trail should be an experienced offroad driver and the rig should have 33" tires, some suspension lift, rock sliders, a full set of skid plates and a rear locker.]

Here is another link to goneMOAB.com that provides further information about each trail:

Trails ? GONEMOAB

Bottom line: Run what you are comfortable with. Don't let peer pressure or runaway testosterone influence your choices. You won't be bored on any trail, and there are plenty of challenges on the Blue trails if you don't feel that you or your rig are ready for the Red ones. You can't run everything in one week and there is always next year. Its not King of the Hammers, the point is to have fun and meet new friends.
GhostX, BCBrian, eighty and 2 others like this.

Last edited by Mr. Bills; 12-09-2016 at 07:19 PM.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Regions > Pacific

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode