Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Trees Ranch October

2K views 18 replies 8 participants last post by  sudingusnavy 
#1 ·
Trees ranch is an exotic game hunting ranch where they allow 4 wheel'n several times a year. There are open October 7th -9th. We went last year and it was great, totally different from an off road park. Bassman was having a blast till his front diff decided it had had enough. Let's see if we can get a group together this year.

#7 ·
Trees Ranch is private "exotic ranch" of 5,000+ acres. They have trails running throughout the ranch, mild to wild. They only open to the public 4-5 times per year, where you basically have the entire ranch to wheel around. It's easy to get lost, but the scenery is spectacular. Challenging but fun!
Check out their website: Trees Ranch Offroad

Last time we were there, the ranch administrator guided us around for most of the day. We ran creek bottoms, hill climbs, shelf climbs and ranch roads. We also explored bat caves and were offered a swim in their stock tanks. We even saw several exotic animals!

#8 ·
Ok Gang,
Randy and I (and our wives) are going to Trees Ranch weekend of Oct 7th. We will stay in Kerrville nights of 7th and 8th. Our plan is to wheel on Saturday, then head home morning of 9th.

Come on, come join us! Come get lost with us :)

Cajuntom

#9 ·
Reservations are set. Don't be afraid simply because Bassman lost his front diff last year! He did have a great time till then.
I'm excited to try out my ARB front locker on my Titan Swapped front end!
Hoping to see some of the Dallas folks come on out.
Last year we had 3 Xterras would be nice to have a big turnout this year.
Randy

#10 ·
Woo hoo, Trees Ranch! Yes, I have a new font diff, but the locker I bought for it is still sitting in my garage. Boo hoo.

I plan on going, but can't promise at this point. I hope to see more of the park this time! I will be geocoding the trail maps to help avoid getting lost which was a problem last year (so I'm told). Saturday will be my only wheeling day since I won't arrive until Friday night and will leave Sunday morning at the latest.

#12 ·
We're only planning to run the trails on Saturday as well! We'll go to Fredicksberg on Friday and go to the Nimitz museum and take our time driving over to Kerrville. Hope you can make it Dave, Vicki did log our route last year so hopefully we can retrace our drive.
Should be a great time, a lot cooler this time! Now if we could get Kirby and some of the Dallas folks to come we'd have a good turn out.
Randy

#13 ·
Trees Ranch's website shows Driver's meeting at 9:00 AM. We plan on being there around 8:30 Saturday morning, just to make sure we are ready to roll at 9:00.

See you all there!

#14 ·
Looks like I'm good to go! I think I'll just head there Friday night and camp on site. Not sure what happens Saturday night yet.

My geocoding isn't going as well as it could for a red/green colorblind guy. The two maps don't line up with each other, and most of the trails are not visible on satellite. I hope to get tracklogs of the park roads and several of the trails so that next time I'll be better prepared.

#15 ·
Great! GLad to hear you can make it. We'll shoot to arrive around 8:30 AM. My understanding is that they are going to have a guided night run Friday, so you may get some trails nailed down on your GPS tracker.

See you Saturday morning,
Tommy

#17 ·
I'll probably be rolling in around 10ish myself. The camping area is not marked (that I could see) and will probably have tall grass and cattle in it (which I could see). It is on the right hand side of the road to the office, near the office. See y'all there!

To everyone going, make sure you have paid your fee on the Accommodations page of the website! It says $60 for the October weekend but ended up being $50 when it went to PayPal.

#18 ·
We had a fantastic time! No breakage, Bassman conquered his hill and everyone escaped relatively unscathed.
Bassman PM me your email address and I'll send you some pictures and videos I took.
You guys missed a really fun weekend. Hopefully Bassman or Rkirby can post some pictures or links to a few videos we took.
On Friday Cajun Tom and I went to the Nimitz museum and they were having a special ceremony for 17 Marine veterans from Iwo Jima!
We were quite moved and because I'm a former Marine it was a very special occasion as well.
They were over 25,000 casualties in just a 34 day campaign! Over 16,000 Japanese gave their lives defending the island and only 200 were
captured. The Nimitz museum is awesome and really takes several days to go through.
We need to thank all those men and women that sacrificed so much so that we could enjoy the freedoms we enjoy everyday.
Devildog out!

#19 ·
I keep forgetting to get on this. Ive been wanting to hit Trees Ranch really bad just had no one to go with. The frontier guys don't wheel as much here in Texas so ill have to stick to this forum. Its true that the Xterra guys wheel way more. I went to Wolf Caves over the weekend by myself and had a blast. I think the xterra would do great there with the shorter wheel base. Anyways got any pictures from Trees? If yall are putting together a meet some time can one of yall give me a cal 619-797-7016.

Cheers!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.