Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Florida Off Roading Roll Call

19K views 120 replies 35 participants last post by  djskal 
#1 · (Edited)
Florida off Roading Roll Call

This is a roll call for Florida members that like to or would like to go off roading. This is not for members that only drive their Xterras on the street. Please do not post on this roll call if you do not plan on taking your Xterra off road.

The goal of this roll call is make a list of Florida members that go off roading to help get us better organized and generate more rides. I will try to sort members out by location, 4WD or 2WD and experience/build level. This is a work in progress that I plan on keeping updated. Once added to the list please let me know if you sell your X or decide not to go wheeling anymore so I can remove your name.

If you add yourself to the roll call list I would suggest that you enable your profile to receive private messages so members can contact you about rides, mod days etc.
Post # 2 on this thread will be the active Florida members that like to go off roading ride list.

Post # 3 will be a template to copy and paste when you reply to the roll call. The items on the template that are marked ** (Board name, year, make, model, location 4WD or 2WD) are the information that I need to keep the list up to date. Consider those 6 things mandatory to be added to the list. Items that are only in bold letters would be helpful to know but are not mandatory. Only fill in the bold lettered items that you are comfortable sharing.

When you post I encourage you to share a pic or two of your vehicle.

Also let us know what other types of outdoor activities interest you. Things like camping, hiking fishing etc.

See less See more
#33 ·
**User Name: Skip371

First Name:Steve

**Year: 2012

**Model: P4X

**2WD or 4WD:4WD

Off Road Experience Level:Lots of mud and rock crawling. different vehicle and as they say, "back in the day". The X is new to me.

Mods to Vehicle: New Coopers, waiting for SW parts. Sliders,Skids,Garvin Roof Rack,done breather mod, rear sway delete, stuff for camping ,,,,ARB awning.etc.

Where do you like to wheel or where would you like to wheel:Live in norther Northern part of Martin county,willing to travel to north or west for good trail ride. . once the sliders and skids are on planning on ocala trails and Hardrock.

Other outdoor activities/interests:Competition action pistol and 3Gun competitor

#36 ·
So did any of the Florida members do any riding this weekend or over the holiday weekend? I was up in Citrus this past weekend doing a little exploring on foot. We were in my Suburban so we only rode on the Forest Roads needed to get to the hiking trails. Things looked fairly dry considering how much rain we had from the storm. I am still doing some minor tweaks to my Xterra. It will be trail ready in another week or two.

#38 ·
**User Name: Barbossa11

First Name: Emory

**Year: 2011

**Model: Pro-4x

**2WD or 4WD: 4WD

Off Road Experience Level: Novice Mods to

Vehicle: exaughst, snorkel, sliders, 2 1/2in lift.

Where do you like to wheel or where would you like to wheel: Hardrock, Osceola national forest, any weekend trip within 2 hours of my location. Anywhere with notice.

Other outdoor activities/interests: camping, kayaking, surf fishing.

Attachments

#41 ·
I ended up buying a 07 4x4 xterra with 150,000 miles and a new motor found out the transmission is shot 2800 dollars later she is rebuilt and pretty!!! So need;less to say I did not get out this weekend but during the week I got the 2wd xterra stuck near the Orlando airport lol

#42 ·
Joelwho….If I ever get a chance to plan a wheeling/hiking trip out in advance I will contact you. Most of the times that I do head out are not planned out in advance.

Mauro1…... I was almost up in Citrus last weekend to do a little hiking. Depending on how things go I might do a quick Citrus or Croom run this weekend or next weekend. When it finally starts to cool down we need to plan a ride.

InsaneInjun….You get ½ credit for getting stuck at Gandy Beach. You do not need a lift and knobby tires to ride with us. Most of the local trail systems can be run in a stock Xterra. Front and rear recovery points are the only things that really need to have. Let me know if there is anything I can do to help you get your X trail ready…..Let us know your vehicle stats so I can put you on the official Off Road Roll call list.

Frankiej2jz……Congrats on the 2WD to 4WD upgrade. I updated you ride stats and you also get ½ credit for getting stuck near the airport.

#47 · (Edited)
**User Name: peterstone101

First Name: Peter

**Year: 2005

**Model: S

Off Road Experience Level: 5+ years

Mods to Vehicle: Cooper ST MAXX Tires, Bilstein 5100 shocks and struts, Roof Basket and Lights, Gobi Ladder, Navi head unit and Speakers. Factory Skid's and all weather Mats. Few other things here and there.

Where do you like to wheel or where would you like to wheel: No place yet, I just moved here. I would like to wheel anyplace its legal.

Other outdoor activities/interests: Motocross, Fishing.

Attachments

#48 ·
**User Name: peterstone101

First Name: Peter

**Year: 2005

**Model: S

Off Road Experience Level: 5+ years

Mods to Vehicle: Tires, shocks, and a few things here and there.

Where do you like to wheel or where would you like to wheel: No place yet, I just moved here. I would like to wheel anyplace its legal.

Other outdoor activities/interests: Motocross, Fishing.
What!:surprise:

I'm in West Boca, Between Glades and Palmetto, where are you?

#54 ·
Importpower99/peterstone101….You are not hijacking this thread…This thread is here to help promote off roading/outdoor activities for the Florida members. The list of active members is intended is intended to be used by the Florida owners to plan rides, events mod days etc. Let the seeds of future rides/events be planted here. If they take root we can start a new ride/event thread.

Frankiej2jz……….It looks like I should have the 29th open. Before I can commit I need to double check with the family planning committee. Pencil in Saturday the 29th and I will let you know for sure by the weekend.

#58 ·
There's another little spot at West Delray park, out where Atlantic Blvd dead ends at the swamp. It's across the way from the ham club. It's not much but there's some obstacles and you can practice recovery from sugar sand traps and such, unless it's been raining a lot. It's also "unofficial" but when I talked to the county park ranger she was cool with it as long as you are respectful and don't tear things up. It doesn't hurt to be polite when you ask, help them pick up trash people have thrown on the ground right next to the trash bins, etc. A little good will goes a long way.

#59 ·
There's another little spot at West Delray park, out where Atlantic Blvd dead ends at the swamp. It's across the way from the ham club. It's not much but there's some obstacles and you can practice recovery from sugar sand traps and such, unless it's been raining a lot. It's also "unofficial" but when I talked to the county park ranger she was cool with it as long as you are respectful and don't tear things up. It doesn't hurt to be polite when you ask, help them pick up trash people have thrown on the ground right next to the trash bins, etc. A little good will goes a long way.[/QUOTE

We should all set up a mini wheeling adventure to both these spots just to check em out. I would even do it after work hours during the week.

#62 ·
Also!

We're putting together a Meet & Greet that will take place in early-mid December for all our 4wheeling/adventure traveling/overlandering friends.

The rally point will be at Gandy Beach in St. Petersburg, FL, adjacent to The Getaway restaurant (13090 Gandy Blvd N, St. Petersburg, FL 33702). It's a great location to gather and talk shop and is centrally located to those who may be traveling from outside the area. Beach driving is allowed. This is a family event. Pets are allowed, as well. Bring grills, food and beverages, or partake in the great food The Getaway has to offer. Please invite your like-minded friends, as there is no way we'll be able to reach everyone. We'll be posting the exact date ASAP.

#63 · (Edited by Moderator)
**User Name: deiruous

First Name: Dale

**Year: 2006

**Model: Xterra "S" 6MT

Off Road Experience Level: Novice

Mods to Vehicle: Stock, other than a lift, CSF Radiator, rims/tires and CB Radio.

Where do you like to wheel or where would you like to wheel: Haven't really got to yet really, work keeps me from that.

Other outdoor activities/interests: Camping, hiking, biking, motorcycling, free diving, anything that sounds fun.

#66 ·
**User Name: Websch

First Name: Weber

**Year: 2015

**Model: Pro 4X

Off Road Experience Level: Same on cars, a lot on motorcycles

Mods to Vehicle: None yet

Where do you like to wheel or where would you like to wheel: anywhere

Other outdoor activities/interests: Mountain Biking

#69 ·
Well go the lift on the front and it took 5 damn hours cause every bolt was rust as ****. Now I have a clunking noise in the front passenger side when hitting certain bumps lol. Pretty sure its a sway bar link but won't know for sure till tonight after work. I shall keep ya'll posted.

#70 ·
SOOOOOOo just did some research and I forgot the damn washer that goes on the top of the dust boot. didn't realize that one that came with the bilstein 5100 goes there . (I put it on top). looks like I will be ripping it apart again tonight. if any one is local to Orlando feel free to swing by. nice part is everything should come apart real easy lol.

#71 ·
ok quick update. I got the washer installed and what a surprise the noise went away. Any one ever installing after market shocks make sure you have that washer. With that being said I need and alignment but payday isn't till Monday so I may just push it off and still come wheeling Saturday. let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.