Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Powerbuilt 3 Ton Bottle Jack and Stand Combo $42 + Tax / Ship @ Amazon

2K views 18 replies 15 participants last post by  satown210 
#1 ·

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
#6 ·
That's more than the normal price at tsc. Watch there, they occasionally have good coupons.

Powerbuilt 3-Ton All-in-One Jack - For Life Out Here
Very cool, wish I had seen this before buying at Amazon.

I understand 20% is 20% no matter what the original cost is, but I don't understand why people get excited about a $10-20 savings off of the original price.
While I am glad you are in a position to not care about $10-20, some of us do not have this luxury.

V

#7 ·
I was all set to pull the trigger on the Amazon deal, but then checked online for my local Tractor Supply store. They had one on the shelf, so I picked that one up instead.

Thanks for the head's up on these. I've been looking for something like this. :thumbup:

#9 ·
Just got one. I want to keep it for trails instead of my hi-lift which is a pain to use and haul around. I got it off Amazon because the closest Tractor supply is 50 minutes away, so it would be more expensive to drive there when all is said and done.

Not sure where I am gonna put it yet so I am in a trial period with it in the corner of the trunk. I used a bungee in conjunction with one of the cargo hooks to help keep it from sliding.

I tested today. Looks like I can jack up the front from the frame rail with the jack on the highest "setting", and the front I can do it from under the axle with the jack on the lowest setting. Pretty simple to use and the base is wide so it should work well on loose soil/sand/etc.

Front:

Rear: (really need to grind off sway-bar mounts for a clearer jack point)

Room in the back:

#12 ·
Yeah... I figured at least in the case of a flat 90% of the time you can at least pull it or limp your way to somewhere flatter or otherwise more accessible. The powerbuilt is pretty tall. If not, still carry the scissor jack...

#15 · (Edited)
I put a 2" front in-coil spacer and 2" AAL and the factory scissor jack is almost topping out at a point of safety concern. If you have more than that (including larger tires) it probably isn't on the safe side.

I have used this combo quite a few times and really dig it.

Where are you guys storing the handle? There doesn't seem to be a place for it to store it on the unit, unless I missed it completely.

V

#16 ·
I've had one for a few years now that I keep in mine. Purchased it from Tractor Supply for $30ish dollars 2 or 3 years ago. If you keep your eye on the price on Amazon, I've seen it as low as $37 and change.

You have insufficient privileges to reply here.