Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Brown Mountain OHV

3K views 11 replies 6 participants last post by  sailorcolin 
#1 · (Edited)
My small group of friends of mine and I went to Brown Mountain OHV in North Carolina over the weekend. It was a nice trail with a few challenging parts but nothing a almost stock 4Runner couldn't handle. Once we got off of the main trail that was over run with Dirt Bikes and Quads, the trail was quiet and secluded. There are only two trail options for 4x4 out of like 14 trails which we did not know till we got there, but the main trail is 4.5 miles long, which was nice.

Trail Map:
http://explorecaldwell.com/uploads/media/pdfs/brown_mountain_ohw.pdf

Here's a video of out day out;

#2 ·
Nice vid! I like the "easy" trails even with a built up rig. I can still have fun without worrying if my truck is gonna get smashed somewhere. Your truck is a great color for mud. I can't tell the difference between dirt & paint ;)

Do you not air-down your tires here at all? Looks like the tires are pretty stiff. I think it could have helped on a lot of the spots like the rock at 3:26.

#9 ·
1. The lug nuts were torqued. The problem was that the rims that he just put on the 2500, did not have hub centric adaptors so all the weight was transferred to the lugs. Therefore causing them to back out. We tightened all of the lugs after we got the wheel back on and they loosened up half way through the trail.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.