What Board do You Ride? - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 07:30 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

What Board do You Ride?

Hey all, with the winter holidays approaching and plans in place for another boarding holiday I just thought it would be interesting to know what the snowboarders out there are riding. If you are a skier but have a favorite board then let us know. I would ask about ski's but I don't really know much about ski equiptment.

I like to ride different boards so i usually keep a board for a season then sell it on ebay and buy something new, it worked much better when I lived in the UK because I could buy it over here, use it for a season then make a profit by selling it in the UK. Boots and bindings stick with me.

Last year I rode an Arbor Roundhouse, this year I am going to give the Ride Fleetwood a bash. I had the Fleetwood 3 years ago and loved it, one of the best low cost boards I have ever been on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:46 AM
Veteran
2010 Pathfinder S

I used to ride a burton custom, but have gone back to skiing lately. Now I run Dynastar Troublemakers.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
;
;
post #3 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:48 AM
Veteran
2011 4runner Trail Edition

Nitro Suprateam....

Since I live in Florida, I get out once maybe twice a season for a week or less, so i need a board that can do everything well, and the Nitro is great.

2011 4runner Trail Edition - Magnetic Grey.
traded in - 2007 Xterra SE 4x4 - rear diff breather extension, OR skids, removed mud flaps, Curt hitch, Volant CAI, 33" Firestone Dest. ATs

post #4 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 08:55 AM
2005 Xterra S

Ride Theory board, Burton Cartel bindings, 32 i forget what model boots.
A couple years old but I love this set up. I used to have Flow bindings on it, they were nice to have on some of the hills out here cause you have to strap in so often (little hills) and I didnt even have to sit down to do it. But the Cartels have way better feel and control.
32 boots are awesome.
post #5 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 09:55 AM
Veteran
2006 4Runner Limited

I've got a Peter Line Forum, with Flow bindings. The Flow's get a bad wrap, but i love them for all mountain riding, or when riding with skiers. I spend the money on good boots - Burton Sabbath's have been my first choice for some time now... absolutely no complaints with them.

- Death by BBQ

Quote:
Originally Posted by fangars View Post
...it all turned out pretty sweet for the internets in the end. A young man learned something that day, and an old man gave some real meaning to his tshirt.
post #6 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:02 AM Thread Starter
Veteran

I have used Ride RX bindings for the last three years and I am now changing to either the Ride Spi's or the Salomon Chief's. Boots are Salomon of some kind, they are comfortable and give me no issues so I will keep them until they fall apart.

I think I am heading the Calgary this year, does anyone know of a really good cold wax? I have a bunch of different kinds but mostly stick to OneBallJay, always open to try new things.
post #7 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:16 AM
Veteran
2008 Night Armor Xterra Off Road

My Volkl AC4s sold me on Volkl for life ... I'm hoping to pick up a pair of one of their wider skis (I'm thinking Gotamas ... and hoping that maybe I can find an old pair from before they added in the rocker, still researching this though) and start playing around with backcountry/side-country a bit.

That being said, I know nothing about their snowboards ... however I have to assume that if their skis are that awesome, the snowboards can't be all bad, right?

“Nothing strengthens authority so much as silence.”
-- Leonardo da Vinci --
post #8 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:40 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra 'S'

ROME SDS- solution is the board name. then i have rome 390 bindings and rome boots. the rest of my setup is:
-quiksilver jacket
-not sure of the brand of my pants
-spy soldier goggles
-grenade gloves.
-and if need be... a rome bandana for covering the face from the ice crystals.

my board is absolutely OLD lol... but it still rides like its brand new. i am probably going to get a new one this year, but i worry that the new boards wont stack up to the performance of my old one.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

post #9 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 10:51 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra 'S'

scottish mike... there is a brand called bluebird wax that i heard is good, but for me i just go to the craft store and buy the boxes of wax they sell. then i rub the wax on the bottom of my board and then rub my wax iron over it. then remove the excess. it really works pretty well for me. it doesnt last as long, but it definately gives me an advantage when i race my friends downhill. just a little food for thought.
i have to reapply it everytime i go out though. lol i find that the wax on my edges wears off after about a day of riding, so i just reapply it there for the next day.

"God made man, but Samuel Colt made them equal"

post #10 of 166 (permalink) Old 11-18-2009, 11:11 AM
Veteran

I ride the "Mahogany Rail".

2005 Grey OR MT
Radflo Coilovers, 750# Eibach Springs. Deaver AAl w/Bilstein 5125s.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Off Topic > Outdoor Activities: > Board Sports

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode