Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Black Calmini Prerunner Bumper Installed!

24K views 79 replies 36 participants last post by  GoneOverlanding 
#1 ·
Hey guys I picked this up yesterday and installed it this morning! looks great, super solid, definitely improved my approach angle and replaced my damage multiplier (which is nice)

I also bedlined the ugly silver radiator skid black so it fits in. while I was at it I bedlined the grille too!

the only two issues with installing were:

Main bumper mount holes 1/2" too far apart. This I fixed my putting a tie down strap in between the two lower members and tightening it to pull them in. worked great.

the brackets that bolt the lowest part of the skid plate to the sway bar mount were a bit too long to install with the stock swaybar, an angle grinder fixed that. There would be no grinder necessary if you have a swaybar removed.

Took me about 1 and a half hours start to finish, having never removed the front bumper before.

See less See more
Reactions: Edwin562
#80 ·
I will post pics tomorrow. I've had the bumper on since April. The only rusting I can find is on the light tabs. They're pretty scuffed up and rusty. That may be from me mounting different lights on it and scuffing the powder coat in the process. The fit was absolutely brutal, the shop had to use a plasma thing and heat up the mounting points and punch them out to make them wider to line up with the mounting holes on the xterra. All in all I do love the bumper, I have some rigid duallys clamped to it as well as a 20" light bar up on the top of the bumper. May be selling the bumper soon if anyone is interested let me know.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.