WAM! Bumpers - New Bumper Fabricator on EAST COAST! - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 43Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:40 PM Thread Starter
Veteran
2005 Solar Yellow Xterra SE Off Road MiniBus

Garage
WAM! Bumpers - New Bumper Fabricator on EAST COAST!

I'm not endorsing or promoting their bumpers...I saw them pop up in my FB feed, and wanted to share since most fabricators are out west.

WAM! Bumpers...based out of Georgia.
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/WAMBumpers/

Base model Front bumper start at $600
Base model Rear bumper starting at $440

Now...i KNOW that i'm gonna get flamed saying this is TAG/KMA rebranded once again. Don't be so quick-to-the-draw....

I can CONFIRM for you 100% that these are entirely NEW people & NEW company. My Georgia state rep for NORSE (who's also an ass't manager at a local Nissan)
a) KNEW the TAG/KMA people
B) just had a bumper for his new Titan XD made by WAM, and has a customer of his getting a bumper made by WAM also.

They aren't owned by the same people and it's a new company. They bought Tag/KMA warehouse and some of their equipment and designs. All new staff and a great owner. And they are fully aware that people are skeptical about the TAG/KMA association.

So...us East Coast people...we have a legitimate option. For me...a 5.5 hr drive is well worth a pickup over shipping whenever I can afford a bumper!

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Pres, NC State Rep
(Nissan OffRoaders of the SouthEast)

Last edited by JOSX2; 04-19-2017 at 03:18 PM.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:47 PM
Veteran
2005 Night Armor Xterra Off-Road - Overlanding Build

That's exactly what the thieves at KMA/TAG/whatever name this month, would say. "We're new, the old guys were crooked".
GDPearson likes this.

post #3 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 03:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
yeah...but TAG/KMA were the same people all the time..just changing biz names.

WAM...entirely new people who bought their design (just like how Hefty bought NXRocks skid/slider designs)

& I've got first hand reviews of their service & bumpers too.
Xorro likes this.

Pres, NC State Rep

post #4 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:06 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
also, per WAM themselves, as I asked them about the KMA/TAG design earlier today...

"NO definatly not a rebranding Tag went out of business in May 2015. Richard Bare purchased the design and we started in August. He also owns our sister company Graham Spray Equipment also located in Douglasville. He is a longtime Atlanta Entrepreneur with satisfied customer all over the US."
AlbatrossCafe and GDPearson like this.

Pres, NC State Rep
post #5 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:37 PM
Veteran
the 2008 Hybrid Edition

You'd think they'd have a different name than the 3 letter name of the past companies. WAM sounds like TAG, smells like KMA. You'd think they'd at least called themselves WAMJAM. Screw me once, oh my. Screw me again, I was stupid. Screw me a 3rd time., fk u

If you're "Feeling the Bern", I'd get checked out for STD's.
post #6 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:48 PM
Noobie

I have been working with Natalie (their fabricator) to get a winch mount made and skids. She has been in constant contact with me about everything going on. From me bringing my truck to be measured, then to CAD work, ordering the steel, payment , arrival of steel and setting up a build day, they have been great.
I can't personally speak about TAG or KMA but these people seem very passionate about what they are doing, the work that goes Into each item and getting it done in a timely fashion at a good price.
I was there looking at one of their Jeep bumpers she had just welded. All the welds looked clean, with good penetration, and smooth, not a big pile or glob of weld or anything.
Another cool thing they do is 50/50 payment at the begining and at the end when finished.

I too was turned to them by the same Nissan asst manager as stated above and have seen first hand the XD bumper they built. It is very nice and built extremely strong.

Sent from my XT1585 using Tapatalk
JOSX2 likes this.
post #7 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:49 PM
2015 Xterra Pro-4x

Garage
They don't even have any pictures with Xterra's sporting their armor. Not that it's a red flag but I definitely wouldn't buy from them based on that. They give you pictures of other vehicles like a Ram or something but I still can't "visualize" what'd it'd look like. Geez, if you're gonna sell it you'd think you'd have a picture on the website.

What happened with TAG/KMA? Never even heard of either.

"Go as slow as possible, but as fast as necessary" - @Lizardking's life lessons
724; PSU Alumni; 15Pro4x

post #8 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:52 PM Thread Starter
Veteran

Garage
as they bought the TAG/KMA designs, they've got pics of X's w/ those bumpers on their site.

https://wambumpers.com/store/custom-...ra-Wincher/366

Click on "view a photo gallery of this product" to see them all. Rook's rig is on there.

TAG/KMA had an awesome design...but severely sucked at customer service & final product. A lot of unhappy people.

Pres, NC State Rep
post #9 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 04:52 PM
Dremel Operator
2007 Lightning Silver ❌terra Off Road 6MT

Garage
They sure have a well-put-together website

: 292
post #10 of 59 (permalink) Old 04-17-2017, 05:00 PM
Veteran
the 2008 Hybrid Edition

Quote:
Originally Posted by zach_attack View Post
They sure have a well-put-together website
One of the keys to a great scam is a slick presentation.

If you're "Feeling the Bern", I'd get checked out for STD's.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode