Titan Swap Spray Prevention - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 8Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 12:56 AM Thread Starter
Veteran
2011 Metallic Green Xterra PRO-4X

Titan Swap Spray Prevention

After driving my truck around a couple times after my Titan swap, I am already sick of the amount of mud/water/pine needles that flies off the tires and somehow straight into my front window (I swear it is like I have a funnel on it or something).

I'm thinking I have two options for this - fender flares or mudflaps. I was gonna use generic options for each. Something like these for example:

Flares (pretty sure the truck in a pic is a titan) - http://www.truckcustomizers.com/p-53...xy-flares.aspx
Flaps - https://www.zoro.com/buyers-products...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

Though I'm not sure if the flares will have enough coverage. I also feel like the mudflaps will not prevent the stuff from coming in my window but instead might only protect my lower door.

Anyone with experience with either on a TITAN SWAP or with wheel spacers/offset wheels?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20170310_152441_1489812932571.jpg (726.7 KB, 51 views)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:02 AM
Veteran
2007 Xterra Off-Road 6MT

Garage
Not sure if these will be wide enough for you as they are 2.5", but I used these on my old blazer that had 2" spacers and they worked like a charm.

There's a bunch of different similar styles like this. Mine came with sheet metal screws and install was pretty straight forward. I ended up using a screw about every 1.5" around to ensure smoothness. If the screws are too far apart you get angles instead of a nice curve.

https://www.amazon.com/Pacer-Perform.../dp/B005Y0OT4E

They look nice too. I will be using this when I go wider to stay PA legal. Tread must be inside the flare here.

FYI, nothing is gonna help when you're turning.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
: 292
My wallet is clean and my friends and family beg me to stop drilling holes in my poor X, but some holes just have to be drilled.

Last edited by zach_attack; 03-18-2017 at 10:19 AM.
post #3 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 01:37 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Super Black ❌terra S Plus

and this is one of the main reasons I am going to use pathy half shafts with the m205. I want the wheels to stay in the fenders.

Click Here for >

post #4 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:26 AM
2008 Night Armor Xterra SE

I got a set of flaps I was going to put on my dodge... they are huge but could easily be cut down to size... PM me if you want to take a look at them, I traded my dodge in for a new tundra so no use for them now!
post #5 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 02:56 AM
2013 Super Black Xterra X wMods

Garage
I got a set of these. I just haven't trimmed/mounted them yet. But I'm not swapped yet....

RALLY ARMOR UNIVERSAL FITMENT (NO MOUNTING POINTS OR HARDWARE) BLACK BLACK | eBay
post #6 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 08:40 AM
Veteran
2005 Canteen Green Xterra S

Look up Kumas rig, or Pacer fender flares.
post #7 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 09:52 AM
Noobie
2015 Night Armor Xterra Pro4X 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlbatrossCafe View Post
After driving my truck around a couple times after my Titan swap, I am already sick of the amount of mud/water/pine needles that flies off the tires and somehow straight into my front window (I swear it is like I have a funnel on it or something).

I'm thinking I have two options for this - fender flares or mudflaps. I was gonna use generic options for each. Something like these for example:

Flares (pretty sure the truck in a pic is a titan) - Pacer Flexy Universal Fender Flares
Flaps - https://www.zoro.com/buyers-products...w&gclsrc=aw.ds

Though I'm not sure if the flares will have enough coverage. I also feel like the mudflaps will not prevent the stuff from coming in my window but instead might only protect my lower door.

Anyone with experience with either on a TITAN SWAP or with wheel spacers/offset wheels?
I'm getting ready to put on those flexy flares too. I'll probably just stick em on first, see how they look before screwing them on. I'll post up a pic when I do, in case it helps.
post #8 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:04 AM
Supporting Member
05/6 ❌terra TS/LCKD/4:56/35" Edition & S Model DD for handme downs

Move to the desert.
GPD605X likes this.

post #9 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:31 AM
Veteran
2006 Xterra S

Garage
@ChrisHaynesUSA, I can definitely attest to that. My X was always pretty clean just dusty in AZ. Now its, wet dirty pine needles, mud, snow etc... haha. But totally worth it

Specializing in Custom one of a kind motorcycles with men & women's clothing

@droogmoto-Instagram
post #10 of 34 (permalink) Old 03-18-2017, 11:33 AM
Supporting Member
2006 Night Armor ❌terra S

I've got some of the pacer stuff, but have yet had any time to install it yet. I don't think the front will be too bad, but no way to install them on the rears over the doors.
The front is the biggest issue, getting the windshield and side windows completely covered
Hamman and AlbatrossCafe like this.

>

"I am concerned for the security of our great Nation; not so much because of any threat from without, but because of the insidious forces working from within."
Douglas MacArthur

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Exterior

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode