THEMED PHOTOS: Lava Red Xterra Thread - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:45 PM Thread Starter
Noobie
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

THEMED PHOTOS: Lava Red Xterra Thread

So after my failures of trying to locate a descent used Xterra Off-road in my area I've decided to buy a new Pro-4X, Nissan is now offering 72 months at 0% financing so it's a good time to do it.

Anyhow. The dealer has to order it so I can't see the Lava red with my own eyes before I decide color, so I need input from people who have seen it.

In some pictures it looks like it has quite a bit of orange in it, especially in the Nissan promotion pictures. This is what I like. However, in other pictures, it looks much more red, almost towards a bluish red, with very little or no orange. This I DON'T like.

See this example, the SAME image side to side from Nissan promotion material, but they are different colors. The orange one is from nissanusa.com, the other one from a nissan dealer.

So, what does it really look like?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:48 PM
Veteran
2008 War Machine Edition Xterra OR

Send a message via Skype™ to macguyvermedic
Left looks a little orange but close to the lava red I have seen, right is almost a perfect example of the Red Brick colored X's I have seen.
post #3 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 09:53 PM
Veteran
2007 Xterra S 4X4

Send a message via Yahoo to ZtotheX
Quote:
Originally Posted by macguyvermedic View Post
Left looks a little orange but close to the lava red I have seen, right is almost a perfect example of the Red Brick colored X's I have seen.
X2...

Click Here for >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.

post #4 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:19 PM
Noobie
2006 Xterra S

I took my girl's altima to the dealer to get some work done and they had a lava red X there and it was by far my favorite color that they offer now. the pictures they have online and in the brochures don't really give an accurate depiction of the color. i saw it in the afternoon florida summer sun and it didnt seem orange at all. its more "red" then the brick red because the brick red is darker and has alot of brown in it. so to my eyes i thought it had very little orange and more blue in it. but just wait to see to see it for yourself in person before you make any decisions.
post #5 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:30 PM
Veteran / (LIX) Club Moderator
2011 Lava Red ❌terra Titan Swapped

Long Island wheeling

Just got mine last february at night it has more of an orange/copper look. During the day more red but you definitely see the flake in the sun. The dealer had to find it for me there were only two Lava Reds on Long Island at the time. I love the color havent seen another one with it yet. check out my link above for my pics. I have to update my pics tomorrow but here's a pic of what i mean by copper

Last edited by LIXterra; 01-26-2012 at 11:46 PM.
post #6 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-26-2012, 11:43 PM
Veteran

Lava Red is a beautiful color and you won't be disappointed at all.
post #7 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 12:25 AM
Noobie

i've had my '12 Lava Red Pro-4X for about a month now. I would say it has some Copper tones to a Chinese red. No blue at all.
It is an awesome color, by far the best available.
I had to go out-of-state to find a 6-speed in Lava Red. Definitely worth the effort.

Last edited by Yankeexpress; 01-27-2012 at 12:28 AM.
post #8 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 12:28 AM Thread Starter
Noobie
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

Thanks for your encouraging words! You've all convinced me, I'm gonna go with the lava. Can't wait to get my new X!
post #9 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 02:03 AM
Veteran
2011 Xterra S⊙

I get lots of compliments on the color.
Posted via Mobile Device
post #10 of 61 (permalink) Old 01-27-2012, 09:47 AM
Veteran
2008 Xterra OR 6spd

The pic on the right has off-road emblems on the side. That might be from 09.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Pictures & Videos

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode