Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

THEMED PHOTOS: Lava Red Xterra Thread

19K views 60 replies 34 participants last post by  AutoXSS 
#1 ·
So after my failures of trying to locate a descent used Xterra Off-road in my area I've decided to buy a new Pro-4X, Nissan is now offering 72 months at 0% financing so it's a good time to do it.

Anyhow. The dealer has to order it so I can't see the Lava red with my own eyes before I decide color, so I need input from people who have seen it.

In some pictures it looks like it has quite a bit of orange in it, especially in the Nissan promotion pictures. This is what I like. However, in other pictures, it looks much more red, almost towards a bluish red, with very little or no orange. This I DON'T like.

See this example, the SAME image side to side from Nissan promotion material, but they are different colors. The orange one is from nissanusa.com, the other one from a nissan dealer.

So, what does it really look like?

See less See more
#42 ·
#49 · (Edited)
THEMED PHOTOS: My Lava

I do lots of landscape photography. And occasionally I will shoot photos of my ride along the way. I thought I'd share some:

First ever trip to DV with my new ride:

Out in the DV backcountry:

Near perfect color match:

Chasing Fall Color:

JJ Abrams Approves:

In the Badlands NP

Stormy day in DV

In Lassen Volcanic NP

In the Devil's Golf Course

Sierra Nevada Backdrop

Dirty in Colorado:

Sheltering my camera from strong winds:

Last March in DV at night:

#59 ·
I'm going to bump this thread.

There are some seriously beautiful pics in here! I have to say, I wasn't originally all that keen on the red when I was shopping, but once I looked at it in person, it was much prettier than expected. Damn near perfectly matches a Yamaha R6 I just sold last year. Shame too, they would have paired up nicely.

I've only had her for 2 weeks now (maybe 3) and I love it. Last weekend I took her on a brief play date in the mud in some foothills nearby. Here she is on her first playdate (boyfriend's Tacoma in the background). Mods are in the works but for now this is my red menace.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.