Fat Bikes - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 2Likes
  • 2 Post By 07BlackSpecV

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-02-2017, 11:18 PM Thread Starter
2008 Xterra S

Fat Bikes

Well, it is technically the season for it. Any of you guys have Fat Tire Bikes? I love it but always forget how much more cranking I have to do over my regular mountain bike. It's an endurance builder. I just have a cheapo Gravity on 4" tires with some choice part swaps like stem, handlebars, hydraulic brakes, and pedals.

Hamman and VMBiohazard like this.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 12:07 AM
Veteran
2011 Metallic Green Xterra S 4x4 6MT

Garage
I've yet to ride a fat bike but hope to have the chance some day. Sure would be nice being able to ride during the winter.

To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #3 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:46 AM
Veteran
2010 Super Black Xterra S

Garage
That thing looks pretty cool!

>

> Xterra Achievement Points: 395 pts
post #4 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:15 AM
Noobie
2011 Xterra Pro-4X

The only thing fat on my bike right now is me. Winter training has not gone as planned, the house decided to take over ALL of my time. But this reminds me of better times!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20160629_084930.jpg (802.3 KB, 13 views)
post #5 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 08:23 PM Thread Starter
2008 Xterra S

Quote:
Originally Posted by djyoder27 View Post
The only thing fat on my bike right now is me. Winter training has not gone as planned, the house decided to take over ALL of my time. But this reminds me of better times!
I feel your pain there. Still need to pick up a couple cheaper trainers so I can do some training in doors this winter with the road bike (and get more use to my clip pedals).

My first choice is still mountain biking and the fat bike keeps me out there nearly year around. It feels like you're are riding a monster truck.

>
post #6 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 09:34 PM
JNR
Veteran
2014 Night Armor Xterra Pro-4X 6MT

I have one of these (not actual picture, but looks just like it except mine has the rear rack)...It's electric assist (or throttle), although usually use only the pedal power. Would like to get a front shock fork, but it soaks up the bumps good, even with full 30 psi pressure in the tires. It doesn't snow here, but do like to take it off road...Little big to put in the X, so need to think about a carrier or something, as I'd like to try it in snow or the trails (mountains) and/or the beach:

Attached Images
File Type: jpg sand viper.jpg (1.81 MB, 55 views)
post #7 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-03-2017, 11:17 PM
Veteran
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

ImageUploadedByAutoGuide1483499617.012460.jpgImageUploadedByAutoGuide1483499646.507384.jpg

I have a Specialized Fatboy. I love it. Numerous upgrades. I'm running the Easton Haven 35 group set, as well as the new XT M8000 component group, geared in 1x11. Race Face Turbine cinch crank with direct mount. I was out for a 10 mile ride yesterday and the conditions were perfect. Nice crusty snow. Some ice in the corners kept things interesting.
post #8 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:06 PM Thread Starter
2008 Xterra S

Well, it's been 60 degrees and pouring rain here in Ohio for a couple of weeks, a really crappy winter. Any of you guys have any luck with winter yet?

>
post #9 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 09:17 PM
Veteran
2012 Xterra Pro-4X

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07BlackSpecV View Post
Well, it's been 60 degrees and pouring rain here in Ohio for a couple of weeks, a really crappy winter. Any of you guys have any luck with winter yet?

It's like that here too. We had another snowstorm on Saturday, but 60 degrees for two days and all of the snowpack is gone. In fact the local NEMBA told us to stay off the trails because everything is super soft.
post #10 of 10 (permalink) Old 01-12-2017, 10:01 PM
Noobie
2015 Xterra Pro-4X

Great leg exercise

I have one, it's great leg exercise and can take one well off the beaten track.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > General Topics > Off Topic > Outdoor Activities: > Biking/Cycling

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode