Teraflex Sleeve, Upper and Lower Gusset Kit
Custom built truss
Eaton E-Locker
Riddler Diff Cover
G/2 4.56 Ring and Pinion
Fox Coilover with remote reservoir
Viper Coil Springs 350/350
4-BDS Adjustable Flex Ends
2-Fat Bob's Garage rubber control arm bushings.
Midnight 4x4 Control Arm Brackets
Midnight 4x4 Shock tabs
Trailgear shock hoops, modified
Driveshaft-Seagull Diesel. Modified and lengthened stock Front driveshaft Double Cardon with 1310 U-joints and conversion flange at pinion.
Xterra extended stainless steel brake lines mount to JK calipers.
Xterra ABS line cut and spliced into the JK ABS line. The Xterra sensor was too long or not enough taper to slide into the hub.
Custom built front cross member
Modified stock transmission cross member
Custom track bar with heim ends
Rough Country Track bar bracket at frame side

Steering:
Jk Tie Rod Knuckle to Knuckle
DOM tube with Heim ends at Pitman to Knuckle
Toyota steering gear box with pitman arm-tapered drilled to fit JK tie rod
Toyota steering shaft and Xterra shaft modified
Frame plated and sleeved to mount steering box
Custom built powersteering hose

Wheel spacers 5 on 5 to 6 on 5.5 Front 2"
Wheel spacers 6 on 4.5 to 6 on 5.5 Rear 1.5"

Rear Suspension:
Stock M226 axle
Spring over axle
BDS Fox Shocks
Tom Woods double cardon driveshaft-redone by Seagull Diesel
ARB Air Locker
Blue Torch Fab Diff cover with high fill

Exterior:
maXTERRA Rear Bumper
maXTERRA Rock Sliders
Xoskel Full Replacement Roof Rack
Aurora 40" light bar via Dark Hour Lighting

Currie Anti Rock Sway Bar: In Progress

PHOTOS

From the Beginning:

Stock

2" Body Lift with 285/70R17 Dueller Revo A/T2

2" body lift with Titan Swapped

2" Body lift Titan swapped with Fabtech 6" Frontier kit and spring over axle rear. 315/70R17 Duratrac

Solid Axle Swapped

37/13.50R17 Toyo MTR's, 37's, 37 inch tires

FLEXTERRA 2.0

Reconfigured custom 3-Link

Teraflex Tera44 Front JK Rubicon Axle
5.13 Gears
Eaton E-Locker
Artec Industries Lower Control Arm Frame Brackets
Trail-Gear Joints

G/2 Core 60 Rear JK Axle
5.13 Gears
Eaton E-Locker

Atlas Transfer Case
3.8:1

[/URL[URL=http://s1182.photobucket.com/user/SynicateX/media/Solid%20Axle%20Swap/IMG_5377.jpg.html]

See less See more
#8 ·
Definitely drives different. I do miss a lot of aspects of the IFS with Titan swap. With saying that, I would definitely tell you to ask yourself, why are you solid axle swapping. It is worth doing if you are tackling the larger obstacles with the massive amounts of articulation. But then again, the Xterra is highly capable with Titan swap.

#7 ·
1. Very nice!

2. After the ABS splicing, do you have lights on the dash? Does the Speedo and 4wd shift motor work? Any codes setting?

3. With all that flex and lift, are you keeping the BL or removing it for a lower COG?

#9 · (Edited)
I spliced and extended the wires about 8"s to compensate for the flex. No dash lights. Everything is fully functional without having to any other modifications to wiring or sensors. Everything works just as a stock Xterra. I do need to do the VDC bypass because of body roll when going a little fast around onramps and turns which kicks on the slip light. I have to push the VDC button before I start driving. No codes.

If I keep the body lift is with the intent to stuff 37's. Still on the fence. I'll take it off if I can finally decide that I'm staying with 35's. And overcome the thought of having to put in the work to take it off. I was just in Moab week before last with a couple jeep jk's with 4" lifts. I had awesome approach and departure angles at my current height, we would be coming off the same lines and they were just dragging off the ledges. So just weighing out the factors, if can still get 2-4 inches of lift out of my suspension. So maybe take the body lift off and add an inch height to the suspension.

#13 · (Edited)
Cut Xterra ABS wire at the connector, and same with the Jeep JK ABS sensor at the connector. Add 8" of wire per negative and positive wire. And it turns back into plug and play. So all I have is a JK ABS Sensor with an Xterra ABS connector. The ABS tone ring is 1 tooth difference. The reason why I couldn't just use the Xterra ABS sensor was that it's about 1/8th inch too tall and doesn't have a taper to it so I couldn't get it to slide into the JK wheel hub. And it is mounted with the same single allen head bolt. This swap was fairly straight forward. The Xterra and Jeep brake caliper bracket mounting bolts are the same. Found that out because my axle didn't come with the mounting bolts, so we snagged my Xterra mounting caliper bolts. I didn't have to change my brake lines, they mounted to the JK caliper just fine. The JK frame at the front is 6"s narrower. I went after clean and easy swap. With using the JK axle, and just modifying the ABS wire, you shouldn't alarm anything else to cause dash lights to come on. Still using the factory transfer case.

Nope, didn't talk to anyone. But I did do a lot of researching, Penski, OregonX, and Creek's build threads were helpful on what and how I was going to do this swap. On Creek's build thread, it sounded like the xterra abs sensor plugs right into the JK wheel hub. But wasn't the case in mine, I have precision hubs and I don't know if that changed the factor or the year of my Xterra.

#23 ·
Looks great Justin! Did you tally the cost for your sas? I know it's going to get asked 50 times. You probably had a lot of in house help though from Bobs right?

Yea, I actually got a lot of deals. I was able to get a few things for free from different vendors. I'm actually quoting out a guy from Cali right now. So I am digging through all my receipts and parts I had to use to but the bid together. About $10-15K depending on what options I am stirring up. Have to hammer out the Atlas pricing, gears, lockers. Should be roughly around the $10-15K.

#25 ·
Awesome rig dude...

That being said. As per the vdc issues, I'm not familiar with the bypass....but my buddy who is a nissan tech told me if you push the vdc button down and hold it for a bout 10 seconds or so, the light will come on, and then go off again. This completely disables the vdc system. In order to turn the vdc on again, you need to shut the truck off and turn it back on. Might be something a little better to hold you over until you do the bypass.

#38 ·
I still intend to be there. Crunch time! Rear gears will go in Monday, configure rear brake lines, hopefully see driveshafts Tuesday and get it to the exhaust shop. And then work on the bump stops when I can get it flexed out.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.