Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Overlanding Blog and Other Resources

9K views 43 replies 15 participants last post by  fletch350z 
#1 · (Edited)
Just wanted to throw up the info here in case anyone was interested. I've been on several Overlanding trips in the last month or so and I'm really getting into it.

I've created an Instagram, Facebook, and Youtube page as well as a blog. If you want to see some good info on Overlanding as well as some trip reports and blogs, feel free to check it out. I would really appreciate any likes or follows! Thanks!

Blog Site: http://allthingsoverlanding.com

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/allthingsoverlanding

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/allthingsoverlanding2016

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmwuH_54mVg_kbcNsVpZo-w

#2 ·
Also, if you're a big sticker person, I just received a bunch of All Things Overlanding transfer stickers. Here is a link to the post on Facebook if anyone is interested. https://www.facebook.com/allthingsoverlanding/posts/340045353001563

Or, if you don't do Facebook, but you're interested in a sticker, just shoot me a PM. Thanks!

Attachments

#3 ·
I'm not really a sticker person, but that design is really good ! I'll shoot you a PM. Kinda want that on my X. Seriously, good design man ! You'll have to fill me in on your Badlands trip. I've been talking with some guys at work about going there. I think it looks fun. I'd be the only X there, though. The other two have a Tacoma TRD and Wrangler (sport, I think).

#4 ·
Thanks man! The Badlands is a lot of fun. There are several of us that are going on a trip the weekend of the 30th of September through Sunday the 2nd of October to Hoosier National Forest if you want to join up for some camping/driving. I know that's a ways away from you that far north, but just figured I'd offer! Any ways, replying to your PM now. Thanks!

#9 ·
Haha, that's it! I owned both, but recently updated it to just "allthingsoverlanding." Thanks for the follow! I updated my signature a couple of months ago, so not sure why it didn't update on here. Any ways, thanks again.

#11 ·
Thanks man! Glad you like them! They are from Sticker Mule so they are great quality. Post up some pics and I'd be happy to share them on the Instagram and Facebook pages. Congrats on the bumper too. Thanks again,
Fletch

#12 ·
very cool website, 1st one. headed out for our first trip in a few weeks. Lots of planning and prepping for the X and camping . 5 days. out to colorado/ Moab in May and June. Yup lots of fun stuff. I'll follow your travels as well, some good tips. Appreciate you taking the time to share them. BTW I sold my 350z--->PRO4!

#13 ·
Thanks! I'm actually working on a new Wordpress site that will have a lot more functionality and be a lot nicer looking. I started with the Freebie Wix site because it was easy, but I want to put up more content and grow it a bit. Have fun in Moab! I'm planning a trip for April out to run the White Rim Trail. 350z's are pretty great, but so are Xterras, haha. If you like stickers and want a couple, just hit me up, :D.

#19 ·
Just wanted to throw up an update. I've launched a new website for All Things Overlanding!

Here's a link to it: All Things Overlanding - Live. Learn. Discover.

If you'd like to contribute any content and be featured on the site, feel free to fill out the contact us form or hit me up via PM here.

Also, if you're interested in getting your own sticker/s you can purchase them through the "Merchandise" page on the site or PM me here (save a buck plus taxes if you PM me here vs. purchasing on the website).

Link to Merch: Merchandise - All Things Overlanding

#26 ·
Sorry! For some reason, I'm not receiving notifications on this post. I'm posting at least a couple of times per month currently. Trying to increase the number of posts as well. Any ways, I'm very active on Facebook and Instagram. I try to keep the bigger, more beneficial things for blogs on the site. Been pretty busy over the holidays but hopping back into it now. I'm also all for sharing trip reports, gear reviews, and anything Overlanding related if anyone wants to contribute! So, if you have anything that you want posted, I'd be happy to credit you with it and share it out on all platforms. The whole idea of the website is to create a curated place for content that Overlanders/Campers would be interested in. Sorry again for the delay in response!

#22 ·
I guess I'm the resident N00b here, doing a bunch of research on picking up an Xterra for what might seem to be largely for this purpose (but also for some other chores). Enjoyed the write-up of Hoosier.

Prior to this point, I've done most of my adventuring on bikes. Nothing extensively long distance, but I can definitely relate to the vibe you're throwing out in this write-up, especially when it comes to escaping civilization and finding yourself in pretty amazing places. I went several years with only a motorcycle as my transportation so I'm looking forward to the luxury of having a 4 wheeled vessel to lounge in while I get my adventure fix.

#27 ·
Sorry for the delay! Holidays had me all over the place! That sounds awesome! I have a few buddies that are big into adventure bikes and I love the idea of being able to get into some great places with such a small footprint. At the same time though, I appreciate my big metal cage that can carry all kinds of gear and beer, :D.

If you have any questions about the truck or any of the gear I've reviewed, don't hesitate to shoot me a PM. Thanks,
Fletch

#24 ·
#28 ·
Thanks so much! I try to keep it as user friendly and simple to navigate as possible, but I'm newer to Wordpress. It's not too bad though so I'm having fun playing with it.

Thanks for the FB follow as well! Feel free to post up and/or share any adventures, gear, or anything related to Overlanding over there!

#31 ·
Just FYI everybody, I just dropped the prices on the stickers to hopefully make them more reasonable for everybody. If you're interested, I'm listing the prices below.

For the first two, $4 each which includes shipping and Paypal fees.

If you buy 3 or more, the price drops to $3 each with no limit!

Just hit me up via PM if you are interested and I'll get them shipped out to you quick. Thanks for your support!

#33 ·
Thanks so much! I'll pop it in the mail to you tomorrow morning. I'm throwing in one of my other stickers with a different design as well since you're from the New X, :D. Thanks again!
Fletch

#35 ·
I haven't updated this thread in a while, but I've been continuously posting content on Facebook, Instagram, and Youtube. Just shot this short video of my last solo camping trip to Hoosier National Forest and wanted to share. Feel free to subscribe and click the bell to be notified when new videos are posted! Hope you like it!

#36 ·
Getting ready to put the truck under the knife for a lot of upgrades for future overlanding trips. This means that I'll be putting a lot more time into the social channels and especially Youtube.

If you like Xterras, Offroading, Camping, Overlanding, Gear Reviews, and more, please consider giving my Youtube channel a follow! If you have suggestions of videos you'd like to see, just let me know! I'm happy to take feedback and to do videos by request.

Thanks everybody!

Youtube channel: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCmwuH_54mVg_kbcNsVpZo-w?

Attachments

#37 ·
Hey Xterra peeps,
So, I've gotten really serious about the Youtube Channel and also started a Podcast. Just wanted to update this thread in case anyone on here was into camping, overlanding, or gear reviews. If so, please consider giving me a subscribe on Youtube and on your favorite podcast channel.

I post weekly vlogs/podscasts about camping/overlanding topics around Sunday/Monday and I do a 3 Minute Thursday every Thursday talking about a different piece of gear. I also post additional install videos, gear reviews, and more in between.

So, whether you like listening to podcasts on your way to work or watching videos on Youtube, check them out! I'll post links below. Again, it really helps if you subscribe, like, and comment on the videos as I'm trying to grow them and really take this seriously. Also, if you have things you'd like to see reviewed or talked about related to camping, gear, overlanding, offroading, Xterra mods, etc. please post them in the comments on the Youtube videos and I'll definitely give you a shout out on one of the episodes and do my best to get you the info you're looking for!

Thanks for reading this and checking out the channels. Comment here if there's specific things you want to hear about or if you have any feedback. Thanks fellow Xterra friends!
Fletch

Youtube Channel (please subscribe and click the bell to know when new videos are released): LINK

Podcast: LINK

Facebook: LINK

Instagram: LINK

Pic for attention, :D

Attachments

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.