Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

OME or Radflo & Alcan?

11K views 71 replies 12 participants last post by  jsexton 
#1 ·
Ok...

So what I want is a couple inches of lift, and the best ride quality I can get for highway commute and rough logging roads, mild offroading, etc... I don't do any heavy off roading.

The answer would seemingly be OME.
However I'm not thrilled with all the posts about the Dakar leaves creaking and popping. I don't want to listen to that around town.

SOO... Now I'm looking at doing Radflo OE length COs, with Alcan 2" lift springs and 5100s in the back. Obviously this option is a bit more $$$, but if it is no doubt a superior ride and superior setup, I can swing it. However, if it is going to be minimal difference at best from the OME, I don't want to spend the extra coin.

Thoughts? Thanks for the help.

#69 ·
Ok, to update:

After talking with PRG and Nisstec, and some other folks, here's where I'm at...

Etx. Rads with 600lb coils
1" top spacer
SPC UCAs
Nisstec Cam bolts
Nisstec extended front brake lines
5100 2-2.5 lift rear shocks
2.5" lift Alcans, 400lb overload

PRG Greg says go 650 coils, Nisstec says 600.

It's tempting to just go 650 in front and 450 in the rear in case this slippery slope continues and I add more weight.... but that's prob overkill if I don't.

#70 ·
OME or Radflo & Alcan?

If you have a front winch or are planning on one, go with the 650's

I had 600's. They were great with stock weight. Add skids, sliders, bumpers, winch and they were too soft.

#72 ·
I don't think either is a wrong decision then. 600's if you want softer, 650's if you want firmer. If you're planning on keeping the front sway bar, I'd lean toward the 600's with that setup.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.