Time to Choose... - Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+)
 4Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
post #1 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 07:49 PM Thread Starter
2010 Xterra

Time to Choose...

Ok, awhile back I posted on here asking for some advice on a suspension lift. After taking a month or so to do some more research, call Nisstec, and weigh the pros and cons I have narrowed my choices down to two set ups. I will state the pros/cons (in my opinion) to each...

Option 1: OME kit with shackles (from Nisstec) paired with Spidertrax wheel spacers

Pros: read good things, budget friendly, guy at Nisstec said he doesn't hear about problems with front coils or shocks, good highway ride, but can be used off road

Cons: I have read on here their leaf packs make weird noises, gives 1.5-2 inches of lift

Option 2: Nisstec MK84 3in extended travel kit

Pros: extended travel, more capable offload, 3" of lift, fronts can be rebuilt

cons: a bit more expensive, and I will not be able to purchase wheel spacers with this kit (price starts getting to steep) however, I could purchase spacers later. I'm also not sure how practice this lift will be for a DD, my X is my DD

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated. I am looking to call Nisstec tomorrow and place an order...decisions, decisions...

Thanks!!

[Enter Signature Here]
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

post #2 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 08:13 PM
Veteran
2013 Super Black Xterra Pro-4X

Garage
Either or will be fine but the MK84 gives you more capability. You may find if you get the OME you may later want more lift then you would have to buy the new MK84/Radflo coilovers anyway.

Plenty of people DD their X's with 2-3 inches of lift with no issues myself included.
post #3 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 09:18 PM Thread Starter
2010 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by IssacHunter View Post
Either or will be fine but the MK84 gives you more capability. You may find if you get the OME you may later want more lift then you would have to buy the new MK84/Radflo coilovers anyway.

Plenty of people DD their X's with 2-3 inches of lift with no issues myself included.
Thanks for the input. I'm kind of leaning towards the 3' lift...

[Enter Signature Here]

post #4 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:51 PM
2007 Xterra Off Road 6MT

I would go with the M84 kit, personally.

“Being all equal and independent, no one ought to harm another in his life, health, liberty, or possessions.”
― John Locke, Second Treatise of Government
post #5 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-16-2017, 11:54 PM
2007 Avalanche White Xterra S

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
I DD mine with a 3"sl and a 2"BL and no swaybars and I have 0 complaints. However to your post the mk's cannot be rebuilt, only radflos. But I'd get the gone moab for sure, look at a recent post of someone asking for a popping noise, I linked the OME noise video in there. Good luck, either way I'm sure you will be happy

Click Here for my Build >
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #6 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:10 AM
2014 Knight Armor Xterra Pro-4X

I've run both the OME Coilovers (medium rate springs) and now the MK84s (600lb springs) currently on my X. I swapped over to the MKs shortly after installing my ARB bumper, as the medium OME springs didn't handle the extra weight very well.

I liked the OME setup. I ran the coilovers with 1.5 inch PRG top mount spacers and SPC UCAs. This yielded awesome travel (relatively, for an Xterra) up front. More travel than my current MK-84s with one inch spacer. However, all that sweet travel caused one of my LBJs to wear prematurely.

The MK-84s with 600 lb springs and 1 inch spacers ride and handle great with the extra weight from my armor. I also get less shock fade during prolonged off road trips than with the OMEs. I daily drive my X, FWIW.

>
To view links or images in signatures your post count must be 10 or greater. You currently have 0 posts.
post #7 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:18 AM Thread Starter
2010 Xterra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chase5Hart View Post
I DD mine with a 3"sl and a 2"BL and no swaybars and I have 0 complaints. However to your post the mk's cannot be rebuilt, only radflos. But I'd get the gone moab for sure, look at a recent post of someone asking for a popping noise, I linked the OME noise video in there. Good luck, either way I'm sure you will be happy
I'm glad to hear there are a bunch of DD out there. I must have mixed up the bit about being rebuilt...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Max Chen View Post
I would go with the M84 kit, personally.

Thanks for the input, I'm thinking that is what I am going to go with. Stoked to get a true lift on the X!!

[Enter Signature Here]
post #8 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:32 AM Thread Starter
2010 Xterra

Another question, the MK84 comes with a Deaver AAL, but also has the option of OME leaf packs. I watched the video Chase5Hart linked into another thread. Would the better option be to keep the stock leaf and do the AAL? I was thinking about going the OME leaf pack route, however, after watching that video I'm a little worried....it looked like those things were gonna slide right off!

[Enter Signature Here]
post #9 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:40 AM
Supporting Member
2011 Metallic Green ❌terra PRO-4X

Get the mk84 kit if you can. Wheel spacers are easy to add later. Get a 1" top spacer if you want 3" of lift instead of cranking the coilovers up. DD on that lift will be better than you have now minus a small amount of MPG.

Also get PRG shackles. Nisstec ones have been having some fitment issues based on threads I've seen on here lately
Chase5Hart likes this.
post #10 of 24 (permalink) Old 03-17-2017, 12:57 AM
2007 Avalanche White Xterra S

Send a message via Skype™ to Chase5Hart
Quote:
Originally Posted by AlaskaX10 View Post
Another question, the MK84 comes with a Deaver AAL, but also has the option of OME leaf packs. I watched the video Chase5Hart linked into another thread. Would the better option be to keep the stock leaf and do the AAL? I was thinking about going the OME leaf pack route, however, after watching that video I'm a little worried....it looked like those things were gonna slide right off!
Unfortunately, this is where the cheaper options partially end, Alcan, makes customs packs but are pricy, General spring makes an HD that will yield 1" of lift for cheaper than OME (what I have and like), lastly the AAL or OME with the AAL you can risk breaking the weaker stock springs or the AAL leaf itself. Many variables on that though, and the OME may be a gamble for the noise. The AAL with shackle will be the cheapest and the next being the general HD and shackle. Im sure nisstec can work with you on breaking up the kit and still getting a decent price if you go General Personally I have the general HD with a rough country shackle and Radflo 2.0's up front and love it. I also have full bumpers and a winch. my front is .5 higher, but I could take that down by adjusting the coilovers, but I love that way it sits and handles now. Also no one has tried an AAL in the general so Im not sure on that but that could be an option id you want higher. Also to note, I have no vibration with what i have now and no shims. Good luck, Chase

Just put that to show all your options, With a 2010, I'd do the AAL and shackle and avoid OME

Click Here for my Build >

Last edited by Chase5Hart; 03-17-2017 at 01:03 AM.

Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) > Xterra Tech Topics > Suspension & Steering

Quick Reply

Register Now

In order to be able to post messages on the Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums (2005+) forums, you must first register.
Please enter your desired user name, your email address and other required details in the form below.

User Name:
Password
Please enter a password for your user account. Note that passwords are case-sensitive.

Password:

Confirm Password:
Email Address
Please enter a valid email address for yourself.

Email Address:
OR

Log-in

Human Verification

In order to verify that you are a human and not a spam bot, please enter the answer into the following box below based on the instructions contained in the graphic.

Show Printable Version Show Printable Version
Email this Page Email this Page
Linear Mode Linear Mode