Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

NissTec Coilovers/Any Coilover?

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  jsexton 
#1 ·
Finished installing a set this weekend and had a couple of questions, I'm sure the answer is obvious but.....
The height/lift that results is a result of the spring length. By using the adjustment on the coil, only one lower adjustment on these you are increasing the preload, and a such not only increasing the lift but changing the ability of the spring to respond to dynamic input? so as you push the spring seat higher your increasing the lift? Is this all correct? Does having the front anti-sway bar in place have any effect on limiting the static lift, does it limit the lift when stock control arms are used? Or only positive effects in dynamic situations by increasing articulation when sway bar is removed by allowing the IFS to be truly independent?

Please share any thoughts on this , am I getting this?

#4 ·
It does affect preload but it doesn't affect shock length. It won't affect the ride unless you crank them up to the point that you don't have enough down travel left. That's what makes your ride crappy. DRTMav is right, our springs are linear, not progressive.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.