Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

HELP! UCA Balljoint Spinning

5K views 24 replies 9 participants last post by  IM1RU 
#1 ·
I am working on installing my radflo's and I got the UCA balljoint nut most of the way off, but now the whole balljoint is spinning. I've tried hammering the tapered bolt back into the knuckle but no luck.

Any advice asap would be great!

See less See more
#12 ·
The impact will definitely do it for ya. Just make sure its an air tool, and not electric. And that you're not using a pancake compressor either.

As said before...tighten it back on a little bit, then throw it in reverse and don't let go of the trigger! Well, let go if.compressor kicks on to top itself off. You'll get maximum torque when the compressor is full, rather than while its refilling

Sent from my XT1080 using Tapatalk

#13 ·
Put a jack under the LCA and jack it up, get it up there, put alot of pressure on it, then impact until it comes off, u may need to tighten it and untighten a bunch of times before it comes off

#14 · (Edited)
I just happen to be in the same part of install as you. Tonight I ran to home depot & got a 500ft/lb compact air-powered impact gun and a set of impact-grade big metric sockets for like $160 total. I slapped that thing on the nut and it came off in <1 second, no spinning at all.

It took me about 250x as long to get that stupid cotter pin off....

#15 ·
It took me about 250x as long to get that stupid cotter pin off....
I don't even bother anymore. I bend it until it breaks, and then punch it through the hole with a small screwdriver. I only have an 8 gallon compressor, so hopefully it will be enough to run the impact gun for what I need.

#22 ·
As for needing to clear spending with the GF... You are so doomed haha
Normally she is cool, but between the LCA's, Radflos, Camber Bolts, Dual AAL, and lawn mower parts I've needed, she isn't super happy.

I got the Radflo's dialed down to about 1" above the lowest setting. I didn't want to take them all the way down, because I was afraid I will bottom them out. I'm hoping for CBC that isn't unbearable.

P.S: OH...

#24 ·
woo-hoo!! awesome work bud!

I hear ya on having the blessin' of the woman for buying mods...and then when it doesn't stop, she gets a little crabby about it ;-) every month...she's like "NO MORE!!!".....every month, some kind of deal pops up that makes it extremely hard to pass up ;) hahahha

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.