Second Generation Nissan Xterra Forums banner

Alignment/Cam Bolt Question...

4K views 14 replies 13 participants last post by  salley1518 
#1 ·
Looking for a little help. Do cam bolts need to be installed before taking the X to get aligned? Or will shops like Firestone install them during the alignment?

#6 ·
I know that this is a little bit of an older thread but I have a couple of camber issues. My wifes X is neding a little bit of an alignment. I put on the Daystar 2" lift a few weeks ago and it looks great. I took in the X to Napa Auto Care and they put it on the rack and noticed that one of the adjustment bolts was cut. The lope washer part was cut so that it looked like a D instead of an O. So here are my questions.....1.) Does it matter what kind of camber kit I buy, this is a 4x2 X and will nto bee off road very much. 2.) How difficult is it to install the camber kit, it seems pretty straight forward, did not know if there were any tips or tricks to be done.

I will try to get some pics of the camber bolts that are one there now for you all to see. Thanks for any help.

#7 ·
From the factory (dealer) there is only one set of cam bolts. You can also buy aftermarket bolts from places like PRG Products and 4x4parts.com. I am pretty sure they are all pretty much the same (ie. no one is better than the other).

As far as installing the bolts. It's not hard, as long as the current bolts come out. I had to tourch one of line out one. The bolt can seize inside the lower control arm bushing.

My suggestion is to do one bolt at a time. Use a jack to hold the LCA in place. Remove the nut and bolt and insert the new nut and bolt. Repeat for the other three bolts.
Posted via Mobile Device

#11 ·
As far as installing the bolts. It's not hard, as long as the current bolts come out. I had to tourch one of line out one. The bolt can seize inside the lower control arm bushing.

Posted via Mobile Device
+1

After installing my PRG lift, I go to exchange my stock LCA bolts with adjustable CAMs. Long story short, they were frozen solid to the metal sleeve's inside the lower link bushings and needed to be torched out.

Of-course you can't buy just the bushings either (from Nissan or aftermarket) and I wound up needing to replace both LCAs :cussing: Thanks WI for all the salt you dump on our roads!

Hope you have better luck than I did!

Jake

#14 ·
Thats what I did. Put them in and took the X to Firestone and got the lifetime allingment.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.